TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Welcome to Q Land

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 1st 2003#122935 Report
Greetings and salutations everyone. I just registered here to showcase my website which is currently up and running at

http://mrpinkimp.freeservers.com

Currently I am a graphic design major at a college in Littleton Colorado. I have built pages since I was a freshman in High School. I am still learning the ins and outs of Photoshop and Illustrator, etc. and plan to showcase my work in my gallery section (currently unavailable) My page contains a bizarre array of digital media created by me. If you would like to sign my guestbook, I don't mind. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

PS My splash page bothers me but I havn't found one that can suit me as of now, perhaps I can change it before you read this.

PPS This was written entirely in Notepad with HTML, Javascript and CSS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2003#122960 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2003#122991 Report
I think that you should not have such a long list of entries but thats from a web view not so much design...... however the design is quite interesting..... dont see much actual photoshopping...... but then again i hardly ever photoshop properly
:S
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2003#123001 Report
you know - I feel drawn I like it - except the really ugly colored car - I mean I like the car but can't stand the color. Why didn't you just leave it the way it was?? Black would also be better

I like the feel of the site - the use of bad russian and the presence of chicks:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2003#123016 Report
I'm not too keen on this one I'm afraid..... :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2003#123028 Report
I think it looks alright, but there is some room for improvement... but what you have sofar is a great start, or building block.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2003#123036 Report
i like it nothing flashi but is easy on the eyes and it serves its purpose wich every good site must do. one critic is ..I think the first page is to long for an intro page , people hate scrolling that much
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2003#123045 Report
I think you should stop following what the school teaches you. I'm not sure if I'm just trippin, but I see "I learned this in school" plastered all over that site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2003#123049 Report
Well thanks for the feedback. I had hoped you would go easy because it is a complete website and not just a jpeg of some layout like most of the other threads here.

Technically, it may not be "photoshopped" because it was written the old fashioned way and not just imaged together. I did all the pixel math and everything for the title bars. I also don't have much fancy stuff that photoshop can do such as fades and effects but all of my images WERE created in Photoshop. I found it is much easier to create web images in photoshop because you get what you see. I was indescribably frustrated with M$ Photodraw because it would randomly change the pixel sizes of my images.

Anywho, I don't understand the statement "but I see "I learned this in school" plastered all over that site". Considering I DID learn this in school (in just one semester since I have started my degree). I think that quote comes from a person unaware of the principles of design and typography and I get the feeling of unappreciation for the effort I put into each of those principles but correct me if I am wrong.

So, I am a beginning student and have only been using the program for maybe 6 months now, so shoot me.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2003#123055 Report
man if you did learn it in school then 02's statement is accurate
nobody's gonna shoot you because you're a beginning student. And why should we go easier on you because it's a full site instead of a jpg? nobody's trying to harm you or make fun of you. if you want help and honest criticism - ok but if you just want to be praised for your work and have people disregard any flaws - try another forum
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum