TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

very basic.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122190 Report
Very basic new design for my personal site.

http://mptolman.com/~afarm/version4/splash.html

comments, suggestions, tell me
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122235 Report
althought the concept itself is interesting

but seems a little outta place for a design, considering its just a picture -- therefore lack of design....

but with some additives it could be really eyecatching...
suggestions
make the image smaller
extend the left and the right so that its viewable in fullscreen no matter res (will require a bg image)
add some geometric shapes of sorts to compensate for the emptiness to the left and right..

just a few thoughts

heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122247 Report
hey sweeeeet main site, looks habbohotel-ish, sorta isometric drawing-ish...anyway,

i like the site, but need some word-wrap and/or distortion of the "A FARM" text on the pills on main splash screen, as you have a rounded pill pointing away, and flat tilted text :p

Might wanna get rid/modify some text areas, as you've created lots of space for text (nt a bad thing by ne means) but if you dont fill it right, it wont look good.
-try having designated areas for ;
-most recent piece (art work)
-Site of the week?
(some thing interactive, ever changing to keep interest)
-News? new stuff etc...

Also, the tall picture bar thing on the main page is all dithered.
It doesnt look obvious enough to be an "effect" so maybe try changing to .jpg?

just ideas, but first thought was "wow, cool lookin stylish site" so it aint all bad :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122253 Report
The splash doesnt fit on my screen and means that I have to scroll down to enter. I like the idea for the splash though. 800x600 users would have a terrible time with it, though.

The site is very good but the columns are skinny, and its hard to read text when its only 4 or 5 words to a line. It'll work out Im sure though.

I don't like the font/size/color arrangement on the top. Title ,version number, navigation, links...doesn't really work. Pixel fonts and sans-serif in different sizes...hmmm. Don't really know what to say other than that. Does anyone else agree?

Rest of the site is perfect though. Way to go.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122266 Report
The splash has to go. Or resize it. It's HUGE! And personally, I hate waiting for a giant splash to load everytime I go to a site. I want to get in and do what I'm there to do and read what I'm there to read.

The site itself is a good idea, but needs some work. It looks empty, but I'm sure if you put your content in right, it will look perfect.

The bottom right image is kinda ... pointless. Save that area for something usefull. Just a picture of a pill really has no reason to be there. Not to mention it looks kinda funny since its too SMALL for that area (or so it looks that way, you may have wanted it like that).

Anyway. I'm sure you get the drift. Keep it up dude! ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122296 Report
I think o2 had some really good points. I agree with pretty much everything he said. The image on the bottom is rather pointless and it would make a better area for content. OR if your going to use it, make it the size of the entire cell... im not really sure how to explain that but :p

But I think o2 had some really good pointers... fallow those and I think it will be MUCH better
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122304 Report
thanks for the comments doods, yeah i realize that design isnt ehh, well its just alright

i may stick with my current design

http://mptolman.com/~afarm/

do you like that one or the new one
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122306 Report
DUDE!

Your current site is the shiznit! Keep that one!

If you have the PSD's, maybe bevel-up some of the shapes along the header, make it a lil more 3-D.

Maybe change the color scheme so Paavo doesn't beat you for having a site that looks kinda like his.

(Colormatch.dk If you want a new scheme)

Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122312 Report
yeah i think im gonna stick with my current site, i just had to post this new one to see if it was better but i guess not lol, thanks for that color pallet site, i may change some colors and i may not, i already talked to paavo and i said i would take it down if he thought it looked too much like his, but he said it was alright
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2003#122321 Report
thats cool of you to talk to PAV, everyone hates rippers, i dont see your as a copy though, its just an *inspiration* of his. I think it look cool but i like the new one, i think it could look much better that the current one if you work a little longer at it. few things here and there like the others already pointed out and you can have a very nice layout.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum