TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New layout - nt finished

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121966 Report
http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emo3web/new/newie7.php

please rip this to bits!!!!! i need the truth:rolleyes:

(yes i've double posted but let me off... i love you!?:rolleyes: )
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121967 Report
If you know not to post something, and not to double post, then DON'T. There is a reason that we don't like it, and it's rather annoying for you to do it anyway, especially when you just said you know you shouldn't.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121969 Report
ok, in that case should i post on the other thread a link to this thread?

that way i'm not double posting... it's the same thing.
i posted this so ppl can tell me what they think. and i posted the other as it was relevent to the post.

sorry i wont do it again. but if i do, i'l link straight to the other thread so it isn't double posting and just to **** you off basically.

but nastiness aside, double posting is mainly ppl posting the same thing in lots of threads. wheras this was basically linking to a different thread.

sorry either way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121970 Report
You don't need to post anything twice. This is the area to post web sites that you would like critiqued, not Misc. or digital art or client side code or anything else. It's pretty easy to keep things in the appropriate categories. Not much harder than "What doesn't belong" when you were in pre-school.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121971 Report
yeah ok go easy dude,

i only posted the other one in "misc" as i'd made a website to that style and *thought* it was relevent.

if it was a new post i'd obviously put it here.

ur bein 2 strict mate, get sum wappy weed n chill it.
(that was a joke before you have a go about drugs).

Can someone (including Deker) please tell me what they think of the site?!!?!

http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emo3web/new2/newie7.php
(changed button colour)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121972 Report
i like the site but dont think the dotted lines go to well. Also think you need to make the space at the top a lil smaller nice work tho
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122011 Report
whats resolution you designing for cause its very small on my screen..
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122024 Report
i think its to 'thin' and to boring..

its simply.. boring.. i dont like the dotted lines either and the buttons look to much like standard photoshop effects.. i dont mind the small banner that much, but you need something to spice up your site.. colours and such.

anyway, you wanted the truth..
hope it helps..
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122029 Report
please rip this to bits!!!!!

1: Dotted lines. Already brought up i know but u need to know WHY they dont look good. The main reason...it creates visual tension. You already have a dark black outline, and even a 50% lining on the inside....so the dotted line is too much within a 4 pixel width. The color of the dotted line conflicts with the black outline(so your not sure which to look at first)....and the gray lining is so light colored that the 2 outer linings seem to merge into 1 thick border. Also because the inside is dotted...it creates confusion (cause the other 2 lines are thick). Think of it like taking a whole paragraph of text...and stuffing onto the face of a postage stamp.

2:The buttons. First the colors dont match (u need consistency). Second your layout is flat....so why use bevels??? Third the gradients are too bright/bold (especially when u dont have any other gradients on your site).

3: Too small.

4:Your header. First the header shadow?? Why is it there. Also the shadow has little room to show itself (again..tension.. between the elements). You have a dark colored background....but your header is gray/semi-saturated. Not good. The background makes the header seem even darker...when really u want the header to stand out the most.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122031 Report
^ he read my mind.. somehow ... omg *runs away*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum