TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

WIP - horizontal site for my writing

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 13th 2003#121752 Report
Here's the layout:

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/stuff/mywritingv2.html

It still needs a header and footer but I think it looks OK so far. Kinda unconventional I guess, but its better than my current one:

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/mywriting

I might need some help with the slicing, etc. Is there a way that the brown background could be tiled? I would have a long td with a tiling brown background. Then each panel would be a table inside that I guess. But how do I get the space in between the panels? In HTML you're only allowed one space so I dont know how I'm gonna do it. I could just slice normally but that would be a waste of space because the background is tiling. hmmmm - I'll have to think about it.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121777 Report
horizontal websites are cool.

don't forget your 'nowrap'
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121779 Report
to get a space just use cellpadding :P
you might need to use a nested table, and for your tiling background you should check in with some css resources you find those quite helpful.
about the site its a good idea I always enjoy a nice horizontal site. yours isn't too bad, I reccomend aginst that green font at all costs. but as for now I can't say much until I see a finished product.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121785 Report
Not bad man I've would love to help you slice but I'm busy like $hit if you really run into problems I'll still help as I can.

I think what you really need is a better host man, popup is really getting to me :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121832 Report
I know, I know. Before I made my site, I found a good free host but you had to have a site elsewhere and then they would review it and if it was good then they'd give you hosting. I can't find that again though.

Also, if I bought a domain name (which is like $10 flat) then the pop-up would still be there, right? Have to pay per month to get rid of that is what I understand...

I don't really need help with the slicing, just the idea. Cellpadding was what I had forgotten was possible. And yeah I know CSS for the tiling background.

The font was supposed to be brown, maybe I need to tweak the color a tad to adjust for my partial colorblindness.

What does nowrap do? Is that a body tag? Haven't done this horizontal stuff before so I don't know.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121879 Report
It looks pretty good, but I REALLY dont like the green text. Maybe a dark red or brown or something that better fits the style of the site. Other then that I think it looks really good ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121937 Report
Yeah the green text bothered me too. Otherwise....Kinda ok I guess...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121994 Report
"Kinda OK" lol If something doesnt look good then please let me know.

Dont just drop little hints and let me go ahead with production on something thats not good. :D

Hit me hard!

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122002 Report
I'm not too sure how much I like the horzontal thing.

I can't say that I unequivocally dislike it, I just can't say I really like it yet.

I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Yeah, only thing is font color. I'd do something about that.

Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2003#122005 Report
Yeah, the horizontal thing. I've seen sites like that, her'es an interesting one:
http://kos-mos.org/
A little trendwhory but nice nonetheless.

As for horizontal sites, they either do it for you or they dont. PErsonally, I enjoy it, i think it's kind of creative. Others won't stand it. What can i say. lol

as far as yours is concerned, i dont like the monotony of it. It gets kinda boring after the first 3. lol. It's just the exact same thing over and over again. Might wanna el-change-it-up-o. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum