TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

allvisual

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 13th 2003#121735 Report
Anthony Veilleux is a long time friend of mine and besides being a very fine (if just a tad too jaded and cynical) human being, he is also one of the most talented artists I have ever met.
He's a sculptor, tattooist and he also does special effects makeup for theater and movies.
all visual
I don't know how he manages to find enough hours in the day to do all that he does.
Going to his house is always incredibly inspirational for me. Seeing the work of someone so talented, always leaves me feeling really energized and wanting to go and create some art of my own.
Enjoy!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2003#121738 Report
Nah....Didn't make me feel good that one. The website is not cool....
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121885 Report
Yeah...

ARTWORK = GREAT
DESIGN AND LAYOUT OF THE SITE = BAD
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121924 Report
No the web site isn't really snazzy, but that is because this is a fairly new venture for him. He has spent a very long time perfecting the subject matter contained within the site, and honing the skills neede to do what he does. Flashy ooh & ahh is great and all, but sometimes the subject matter itself is what is pertinent, not the medium through which it is presented. As much as the cover of the book may not be the greatest design ever, the book inside has skill and ambition and effort galore. Give him some time and his skills there will improve too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121932 Report
Exploriment....

You & your buddy probably have some fun around Halloween huh.....

I'm agreeabe that the site needs some creativity. Lots of great stuff (designs) you can do with that subject. His make-up work is impressive. Some of those people look pretty well........frighting.

Anyway, my girlfriend is interested in studying Theatrical Make-up. She's having difficulity finding a notible school, found a few in California but I was curious. Do you know what school your friend attended to develop his skills in this area?

Thanks
Fess
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121940 Report
Yeah Fess,
Anthony can make halloween a far more realistic affair vis a vis the scary monster make up. Quite a hoot. I've had an idea to have him help me do a really gory interpretation of the whole Cenobite concept from Hellraiser for a halloween costume, with a ripped off face for a mask. I think he could make the whole thing very believable.
I think a lot of what he does he learned through apprenticeships and trial and error. As he states "..at the age of fifteen, after moving from Montreal, Quebec to Winnipeg, Manitoba, I had the great fortune to study theatre, television and film make-up with the head of CBC Manitoba, Phil Benson." Reading trade publications, magazines, anatomy guides, asking questions of people in the profession probably also did a lot to increase his level of knowledge. I think the process to get into the field is still fairly unstructured in that way. I don't know that there is really a formalized process you can go through and end up with a degree in monstermakeupology. I could of course be wrong, but I think hard work and enthusiasm are probably more important than what school you attended.
I will give him a heads up about my post here and maybe he can come on here and offer up a few words of wisdom for your girlfriend.
I think discussion forums like "the monster lab" are probably another great means of making contacts and learning heaps.
HTH
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2003#121962 Report
Exploriment

Thanks for you advice. Any input from Anthony will be appreciated also.

Hey, if you have any photoshop work you can post it in the "Graphics Check" section of this forum for all to enjoy. I'm thinking you may have an interesting style....

Regards
Fess
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum