TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Finished Web.....

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10011 Report
Well guys and gals, This is what I came up with.....I took out the rollovers and made it real simple.....just wanted to get something up......I wish I was good at WEB stuff.....still learning....Any advise or criticism would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks all!

Jim

http://www.geocities.com/xr650lvr43/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10021 Report
first of all take out that splash page.. it's really cool but just too big in filesize. I had to wait ages to see it!

the background images are really cool but just too big (in filesize again)... all the pages load slow.

The navigation is good and simple.

overall opinion:

A nice site but just too slow. Fix that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10031 Report
I on the other hand liked the splash page. it only took a second to load, the one criticism i have about it is that the spherical wireframe in my eyes looks a little uneven, like its taller or wider (one of them). the actual page is ok but again there is a lot of space on the page aside from the background you made. so i would have made it a popup window with no scrolling and that your background fits perfectly. but then again not a lot of people like pop ups.

I think your resume should be on the actual layout of the page or maybe in an iFrame. and aswell your links should be made on the actual layout.

I really like the actual site just that it would be better if the background fit the window perfectly and the wireframe was fixed. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10052 Report
I like it and it didn't load long for me...but I am on cable so I wouldn't know how long it takes 56kers. I have an idea, since your using such small of a space y not open up the pages in a new window from the splash page, and force the window to be the same size as the box in every page. I think that would make the pages look more clean. and if you don't know flash yet, those pages would look great in flash you might wanna give it a try ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10059 Report
Originally posted by 21knight
I like it and it didn't load long for me...but I am on cable so I wouldn't know how long it takes 56kers. I have an idea, since your using such small of a space y not open up the pages in a new window from the splash page, and force the window to be the same size as the box in every page. I think that would make the pages look more clean. and if you don't know flash yet, those pages would look great in flash you might wanna give it a try ;)

My thoughts exactly buddy
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10111 Report
I on the other hand liked the splash page. it only took a second to load, the one criticism i have about it is that the spherical wireframe in my eyes looks a little uneven, like its taller or wider (one of them). the actual page is ok but again there is a lot of space on the page aside from the background you made. so i would have made it a popup window with no scrolling and that your background fits perfectly. but then again not a lot of people like pop ups.

I agree 100%!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10124 Report
Like the design it is real nice. Like all tha shapes maybe optimize your images a bit have a preloader or something cause when you backround loads in ticks it doesn''t look to good. But real nice man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10185 Report
THANKS!!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10217 Report
NP
BTW: i love all your other work you are really good. I espicially like you sig and that robot splash you made a little while ago.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10221 Report
Originally posted by PS6UsEr
NP
BTW: i love all your other work you are really good. I espicially like you sig and that robot splash you made a little while ago.

you and me both buddy, xr650lvr your sig is like no other man. so original. did you use only photoshop for that?? if so thats a mean look sig eh, im assuming you blended in a photo or graphic, or a 3d graphic from a program. either way nicely done :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum