TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

dynamo

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 5th 2003#120691 Report
Hey,

I've just launched www.dynamo.ie today. This is the company i'm working for at the moment (my uncle owns it). It's one of the most successful graphic design companies in the Rep of Ireland and now we're doing work for the States and Australia. I've been part of a two man team on this site..it's taken us 2 months now to complete...it was redesigned several times. There are still a couple of small problems with wiping and such but that will be fixed on Monday. Now i go home and take a bath (with a beer of course!)

Comment and crits would be great!

www.dynamo.ie
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2003#120692 Report
very cool. really like it. although i dont know if it really needs to be flash. im not saying its a bad thing, im just saying it could be pretty much been done not using flash. some of the images have little bit of quality distortion. but the layout and look is super nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2003#120740 Report
i think its slick
but something on the splash page wouldn't load for me???
cuz the staus bar was telling there was 1 item reamaing....

i like the suble use of flash here, the only thing that trows me off is the white bar with the text on all the splash images --- why not make the white white smaller and semi transparent, so that the background images show through more -- just a suggestion

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 7th 2003#120882 Report
Looks pretty good, simple and professional, but still upbeat and styleish

I dont really see anything that I would suggest changing or then the size of the site, its kindof small, but it works well for the amount of content and information that you have on there.

Overall I think its great, nice work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 7th 2003#120916 Report
I'm just a simple girl who likes to beat people. So perhaps my opinions don't mean much. For some reason I get a funky vibe when using your navigation.

Maybe i'm just a loser and hip and cool are just acids to my eyes, but it seems you could displayed a few of those links on the first page. I mean the first page you show it is USELESS. you already waste my time with a splash that I have to 'enter' the site, and then suddenly i'm still in the middle of jack diddly I have to click another link!! Perhaps when you enter the site they could already be in the first section of your site viewing the news?

I see now you have two links on 'entered but not really' page. News and case studies. Obviously VERY important links but why couldn't you have posted those on the 'splash' page. Why waste my time again? Also when I click news from this page 'dynamo' and 'news' aren't highlighted. That ruins the consistency you have with your site.

I don't know if this is an error but when I click the plus sign in the upper right hand corner there it flashes 'latest news' for about .5 seconds and then disappears. It displays the image and the 'case study' link but the latest news had disappeared when the image loaded.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 7th 2003#120925 Report
Yeah, there are still errors, thanks for pointing those out. The thing about the highlighting when clicking on the news is something thats been bugging me for a long while...i can't seem to script around it.

As for the splash, that's what the three partners want so that's what they got, and they're happy with it. Nothing i can do about it. Thanks for the crits! Will fix the probs tomorrow.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum