TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

first site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120374 Report
a couple days ago i had the sudden urge to venture into unknown territory....making a website. :eek:

i don't have a clue what i'm doing so i'd appreciate any constructive/deconstructive criticisms. and if you have any suggestions i can take those too.

http://www.naputi.com

oh and would someone please check browser compatibility. i only use ie so i don't know what's goin on in your whacky multi-browser world. :p

:edit: updated url. enjoy!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120390 Report
As u already know...i like it lol.

As for helpful crits....the indent effect on your name and "online gallery" is a little too much. The font is small enough that the indent overpowers it. I like the indent though...so i suggest lowering the opacity of the white shadow.

Not sure if its a browser issue...or you need to fix the code...but your footer is left aligned instead of centered (btw im using opera 6). Other than that the site works fine.

Also im loving the title graphic for each section..that curved/bent metal thing is cool. Over all great job! (especially for a first attmpt)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120392 Report
holy sh*t, that kicks ass

not much i would change about the site - maybe use verdana for the site font. - that's it.
GREAT WORK
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120421 Report
Change the font face and you're good to go, and also, I'm sorry but this is just plain awesome.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120425 Report
thanks all.

when i could barely recognize my own name i realized you were right about the indent rodder ;)

and i fixed the footer...i hope

and yea that font looks much better.

thanks for the help and comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120432 Report
It's a nice site. I don't really like the thing on the header - but it's not that it's not nice - I just don't understand it very well - I get the feeling the the oblique piece of tin on the middle bubble is a propeller blade and it kinda bothers me that it's curved....and the fact that there's a piece of something coming out behind the red bubble I know you talent goes well beyong that.

as for the artwork - I'm a fan you inspired some of my works....
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120434 Report
I'm sorry but this is awesome. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120435 Report
Originally posted by mihai
It's a nice site. I don't really like the thing on the header - but it's not that it's not nice - I just don't understand it very well - I get the feeling the the oblique piece of tin on the middle bubble is a propeller blade and it kinda bothers me that it's curved....and the fact that there's a piece of something coming out behind the red bubble I know you talent goes well beyong that.

as for the artwork - I'm a fan you inspired some of my works....

it's not a propellor blade ;) it's supposed to be an 'N' (for naputi) with the 'legs' curved around the orange sphere. at least that's what i was trying for when i made it.

here's what it looks like by itself ... N logo ...

maybe you have some suggestions for making it look more like an N than a propellor
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120449 Report
Thats awesome man, I really love everything about it. Ive been waiting to see the opening of this site for a while, just so I could look at all your awsome artwork. You really have some tallent man

I cant wait to see your next peice of artwork so I can once again stand in augh at the entire thing. You are very inspirational my friend... nice work. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2003#120459 Report
Originally posted by A-Pek

it's not a propellor blade ;) it's supposed to be an 'N' (for naputi) with the 'legs' curved around the orange sphere. at least that's what i was trying for when i made it.

here's what it looks like by itself ... N logo ...

maybe you have some suggestions for making it look more like an N than a propellor

you know - it looks much much better on its own - I didn't figure it was an "N" perhaps if you made the bubble thing a bit more transparent? - or the "legs" on the N that are under the bubble more visible....

anyway - now that I know what to expect I suddenly see it better I really don't know what to say - on one hand you want to make it plain for everybody and on the other - you can't put a notice for stupid people (like yours truly:D) saying = hey that's an "N" there at the top.... maybe I'm slower to catch on than most....
It's a very nice design nevertheless - I really like the bottom part...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum