TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

In Progress.....

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120151 Report
Heavily in progress, but what do you think so far?

http://www.t4dstudio.com/layout.htm

Darn logo.....(#@&%!)

Never can figure out what to do with the darn thing!

Mara
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120153 Report
that is some swwwwwwet **** dude!
very nice job,

getting it up asap
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120154 Report
yeah very nicve i just wish i knew how you gonna slice that up seem a little hard.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120164 Report
Slicing shouldn't be a prob even if you do I got you covered man!

Hmm.. The review:

First: The logo and title:

My personal opinion would be the logo is not too sexy for me maybe because the simplicity or the rectangular shape (I like circular) I myself experienced and tried many logo designs so I think it's good for you too to give a couple tries..

I didn't like the title because I don't think pixel fonts didn't look good with this large size, I prefer it on the buttons and menus like here you did a great job on the navigation bar.

The whole design looked professional and organized you did a great job at those areas, good place for search bar and the shinny metallic (or whatever thing) looks great in the middle.

Also just make sure when you slicing it leave a expanding area so it will have a better look under different resolution.

Other wise I think this design looks very appeal and sexy to me, inset lines, pixel menu, soft gradient navigation bar. A slight drop shadow, etc are used properly and clearly. This is a typical good header overall

cheers
chang
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120165 Report
I'm in a hurry, but... don't be afraid to use colours!
I don't like layouts with "a color theme", as in ..toning EVERYTHING to one colour.
Also, I don't like the "search" text, it's too big / doesn't fit in.

Oh well.. *runs along* :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120174 Report
"A whole new dimension" is the tagline but your logo is only in two dimensions. Use distort to retain the basic form but make it go off into the distance. Then maybe duplicate and nudge it down. I think that would look good. Maybe then you could make it shine like the one in your sig. That might not look good with the metal texture though. I'm really enjoying the buttons and text on them, but I agree with paavo about the search text - not a good choice of font. Maybe the T4D Studio text is a little short. Make it taller and it'll look more balanced.

The header is really spaced out - I would suggest not making the site too bunched up. If you do want to, and save some space, consider putting the buttons right under where the "whole new dimension" text is. Put that text in quotes under the title which you perhaps could raise up a little bit.

A lot to consider I know but I think it would make your layout look a lot better.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120272 Report
I have a really cool idea for the logo design, but I have not attempted it yet.

I am sorta anal about everything matching, I was going for a smooth toned down feel. I can add some color though.

I will work on finishing it and post the update.

Thanx for the c&c ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120278 Report
mara is ::cough:: female ::cough::

Just to clear that up. It has nothing to do with your site.....but its useful nonetheless.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum