TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

tiling problem - can someone take please take a look

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119900 Report
I've been working on this site

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/v3

And I've been having a tiling problem, as you can see. Can someone please save the site and take a look in Dreamweaver or whatever? It would mean a lot to me, since I've been working on this site for a while and now I'm stuck. Thanks.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119902 Report
If no one helps you by tomorrow night, I will import it to GoLive and see whats wrong.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119925 Report
Thanks. If you're feeling really generous, you could also figure out why there is a 1px horizontal line separating the header, content area, and footer. Is it part of an image? If so: which image? Is it a spacer? Or what?

But the main problem is more visible - thanks for your help.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119927 Report
I'm guessing you're relying solely on Dreamweaver for coding correct? Because there's a lot of renegade </table>'s about.

For the tiling problem, you can have one tiling background set in the parent table. For example:

- header

- main table with tiling BG
--- 3 columns with respective BGs
- /table

- footer

That way, the main table will stretch horizontally for as long as it needs to hold the content in, enabling it to tile all the way down.

As for the 1px space, you should open the HTML file up in Notepad and get rid of tags that shouldn't belong there in the first place. Having runaway tags will end up messing up your code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120046 Report
I figured the main problem out and also the root of the white lines but I cannot seem to remedy the white lines problem. There seems to be a group of extra (td) tags with spacer.gif images inside them.

If you want to see what I mean, use Dreamweaver to Replace All... . Set all table tags border=2, cellpadding=5, cellspacing=5, and it will be evident.

I cannot simply delete them because this screws up the layout of the rest of the table. Maybe I can make spacer.gif a grey image, but I'm not sure if it is being used correctly elsewhere. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for all your help.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum