TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need suggestions please....

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9916 Report
Ok, I am working on this layout for my portfolio web site and need a few suggestions on how I can make my object look a little more realistic... what technique should I use to make it look more like a real monitor and control?

Site Link: http://photoresource.tripod.com/portfolio/index.html

I would also like to know what everyone thinks of my Idea for a layout.... The layout will be as followed:

the monitor will display the catagory of the button the viewer pesses (For example: The user clicks on the resume button in the nav and my resume loads in the photoshop created monintor.)
I plan to make all of the scenes that load into the monintor with flash4 (Why not Flash 5 you ask? Because I am to poor to update my version...)

So any feedback and/or suggestion are fully welcome and thanks to all of you who respond...

Well, Type to everyone later...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9920 Report
Well I think the monitor and buttons look good enough. The screen doesn't look right though. Maybe it needs some reflections on it, so it looks like some light is shining off of it. It would have to be faint though, so it doesn't interfere with the text being legible. Also, I know most monitors are grey, but the site could really use some color. I would fill up the monitor part with some good color. There is a reason they started making all the Macs in different berry colors...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#9929 Report
I think that the two shapes should be integrated so that the about, resume, portfolio, etc. links are attached onto the monitor in the smaller panel to the left of the power button. I think it would look more realistic and also cooler

though I think the concept of a monitor layout is really original, good thinking :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum