TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

feedback on tutorials please

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119627 Report
How do you like the layout, writing, and graphics of my tutorials? Are they clear and as effective as possible? I don't want to make a lot more and then find out that theres a better way to put it together. What do you think? Thanks for your help.

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/gendes/tutorials.html

(sorry about the pop-up)

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119630 Report
I just skimmed them quickly...but they look fine. Thats the way i set up tutorials anyway....2 columns...pics on left..description on right. Nothin fancy is needed as ppl just want information lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119637 Report
well i think i was a good candidate to test that since i didn't know how to do it :D

i got through the whole tutorial in beginner and when i went to delete, it didn't fully erase. then i notice that my brush opacity was at 75%.

you might want to add 'make sure opacity is 100%' or something like that so noobs like me don't make that mistake and have to start over :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119680 Report
I would say more but I don't want to hurt your feelings, the best advice that I could hand off to you is that you should elaborate more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119705 Report
I'm not a little kid - it's not going to hurt my feelings. That's why I'm asking this now while there's only two tutorials. I can elaborate more but what exactly did you have in mind?

I see that some people have the tool icons saved and they put them in parentheses after the instructions. Would that be useful?

Should I find the key words or important parts and do some bold/italic? Or would that make it less readable?

A-Pek - I'll make sure it says opacity 100%. Did you get hung up any other places?

And to you advanced PS users - is there anything else I should add that would be of use? I realize that deleting is frowned upon (I don't do it much) so maybe I should add the possibility of making a layer mask with the selection instead. With link to a different tutorial about layer masks. How does that sound?

Thanks for all your help - I want people to come back to my site.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119720 Report
well besides that one thing i pointed out i did it no problem.

if you want to know what *I* personally like in tutorials, visit www.thewebmachine.com. i just like the way they have it setup.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum