TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first site for awhile!

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 29th 2003#119562 Report
Well here it is! It's been a year or so since Ive had a personal page out. The design is quite clean and simple, just the way I like it. It's also kinda messy, in memory of bkaro.net where you just put youre text/image whatever JUST where you wanted

I like som critique really... Im not that creative anymore, so I would like some tips too if you have ;)

http://home.c2i.net/dringstad
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119912 Report
Um ... it's nice, but could use a lot of work. It doesn't seem like you spent too much time designing it (not trying to be harsh, just being honest). It lacks something ... not sure if I can put my finger on it. I'm not real fond of the color either.

Put some more work into it man. It kinda seems thrown together without tryin. Maybe that's what you were going for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119926 Report
Yeah I don't know what to read first. Maybe thats what you wanted by "put the text where I want" but where you want isn't the best decision in all cases I dont think. The image is OK - maybe vary the font sizes and blending modes or put some motion/gaussian blur/outer glow on some of them. The buttons could be more button-like but if you like them like they are then thats wonderful, too.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119948 Report
Im with 02 and his "it lacks something" comment. It lacks structure. U just have an image in the center...and a whole lot of empty space around it for text...which isnt well placed. "Yeah I don't know what to read first" <-------- thats what happens when you dont have structure to "lead" the viewer to your content.

For starters...get rid of all the Lucida fonts. They dont look good/dont match anything on the page and are hard to read. Instead use Times/Arial or a more plain lookin font.

Second...move your pic to the top/bottom of the page. Dead center like that really screws up any chance for a layout/is very odd to look at and it somewhat confuses the viewer.

Third...try putting more work into the picture. Using invert never looks good. Try putting more colors and variety into it.

Fourth...center your page. Your content/page is conflicting with the left edge of the screen. It creates tension when there shouldnt be any. Also you have plenty of unused room on the right side to center.

Fifth...add pixel borders to the other/each side. You dont want your page to blend into the background. You already have a border on the right....so just continue that idea.

Sixth...the colors need work. First you have 2 diff. grays ( a nuetral gray and a pink-ish gray). You should fix it so you only have 1...so everything matches. Also both are very boring colors. Try adding a more custom color. Maybe a more blue-ish gray (due to the blue in your pic)....etc

Seventh...on the top of the page...why does the left text start at the top..but the right text starts below it??? Both of those blocks of text should start on the same line for readability and consistency.

Eight...the placement of the navigation is just horrible (sorry). Your navigation is probably the first thing u want visitors to see...so put it towards the top of the page. In most cases...the content should never come before the navigation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120019 Report
Thank you very much

Ill will follow youre points and try to make the design even better..
Indeed I havent used so much time on it...
Most of my creativity is gone.. so.. Im working on it ;)
But gotto go to class! cya
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum