TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Psychotherapist website done

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119382 Report
What do ya'll think?

www.dawnnelson.net

all text on page is generated from txt files using PHP, easy to update - and all that jazz.

I wanted to go with a white background, but she wants blue back with white text - that is my only complaint with it.

cya

btw... msn account is

[email]cttaylo2@msn.com[/email] if anyone wants to add me
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119383 Report
btw... 1024 is native viewing and where the site looks the best, but it should look okay using 800X600. I personally prefer 1280X1024
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119392 Report
k 2 things,

1. i think change the font , its readable but after a while it gets on your , mainly my nerves,

and 2. . .

why would anyone want your msn ?
[no offence i just dont see any relevence]

now for the crits . . .

lectures, is broken
logo is nice
maybe just me but i think the top text near the logo is a tiny bit streched,

um its nothing to thrilling, but yeh its mediocre
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119397 Report
Squidly:

Site looks pretty good, great job. But I do have a few suggestions. I have to agree with mikeyduke on his take with the top text near the logo looking somewhat stretched. Unless of course that's the effect you want. My guess is you also set the lettering in the body in pixels instead of points, because they don't enlarge when I tried to enlarge them.

Is that a Times New Roman font? If so, perhaps you may want to consider Arial or Verdana, it is in my opinion, an easier font to read and flows better to the eye. One other thing, and it just might be me, but the logo in silhouette form, of the woman lecturing someone, or couseling, seems to me has a negative tone to it. It doesn't look soft or inviting, it seems like someone is being reprimanded by thier mother.

That's just my opinion. But the blue is nice and I think it compliments the picture of the therapist, being that she's wearing blue herself. The navigational structure is nice and real easy to use, I'm not lost on it...good job. It seems to have a good structure and the necessary information is there, without having to hunt for it.

These are my two cents. And overall, great job.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119424 Report
took your suggestions... check it out now... fixed the css to use verdana instead of times... looks much better.

THANKS!!!

btw... lectures is broken - i am waiting on content, which i will get tonight.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119425 Report
The header looks like someone sat on it. Kinda a squished down. But that's already been mentioned...

The site doesn't render well at all in Opera 7.11 or Firebird 0.6.1 in other words, it looks bad in anything but IE.

In Firebird (mozilla, netscape, Camino) the the content area is scrollable, and the right side of the content flows outside of the div, making some of the text unreadable. It also overlaps the picture of the woman. The text on the bottom (date and by-line) are completely mis-aligned and messed up in both Opera and Firebird.

In Opera the contact page is messed up and all stretched out. The picture of the woman repeats 3 or 4 times, and there is half a page of space between the form elements, and paragraphs, etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119429 Report
didnt know that it was rendering wrong in mozilla. I will fix it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2003#119469 Report
check it now... I think its fixed..

BTW... the customer liked the squished font. I am thinking about changing it. We'll see
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2003#119475 Report
The blue background of the contact page div overlaps the picture of the woman slightly. but other than that it is fixed.

weird spacing problem is still in opera though. as well as the messed up date and by-line.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2003#119492 Report
um, i cant get it anymore :(

u reconstructing it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum