TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Website for psychologist

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118689 Report
Hi guys,

I am building this site for a psychologist. This is part 2. She wanted somethign with a blue background and lots of text. What do you think? I want to add more finishing touches, and clean everything up a little. I cannot, for the life of me figure out what to put on the topbar on the right side. There is a void there that is lacking something - i just cant figure it out

www.dawnnelson.net/site16.gif

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2003#118759 Report
Hey Squidly:

The site looks pretty good, nice job. However I do know what you mean about the top bar. You might want to actually fill the whole bar with some type of background or a picture of some kind with a nice fade. Then you can take that top bar and install a "quick jump" menu, and put the date on top or on bottom, or if it's too cluttered leave out the menu.

But look into some soft backgrounds maybe for that top bar or design one and add a picture of maybe...oh I don't know, a counseling session or something. You know, people sitting at a table talking, not necessarily showing faces, but intimating some kind of couseling session.

Hope this helps some, and I'm sure more suggestions will come in.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2003#118762 Report
I think it looks alright, but I do have a few suggestions.

I would first do something different with the "email dawn" tag thing, it looks kindof jagged and messy.

I would aslo do something different with the navigation, the different sized letters really make it look unprofessional.

You might also consider making some more space at the bottom so the text isnt right up against it. It will just make for a better feel.

Other then that I think it looks pretty good, with a few more work and some small improvements I think it will be great
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2003#118771 Report
yup i need to fix the jaggy.. I am actually thinkign about redoing that section, thx for the tip zerimar, maybe i'll do a silhoette of the people sitting at a table or something. Fusion, i'll take a look at the menu letters and see if i can find a better font. Are you just using a regular "verdana" font for the text on your hompage fusion? Or is it something different?

I have the text going all the way to the bottom because there is a lot more, and I just pasted that text in there for the client to get a feel for the final work. The email bar is kinda jaggy - i need a couple more hours of tweaking before the site is ready for production. I'll work on it tomorrow and post it up.

Thanks a bunch guys, and keep em coming

Squid
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2003#118774 Report
For the content of the page im useing verdena yes... but for the like navigation, and pretty much all the text with the drop shadow on them its a different font. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2003#119104 Report
Looks great man. The only thing I can suggest is do something with that banner. Add a little more too it.

Oh, and ADD A FOOTER ... it just ... ends.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum