TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Slayerment - Atmosphere

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118605 Report
It would be great if I could get some comments and critiques guys. Thanks!
Note: Broadband only

http://www.slayerment.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118609 Report
I am really confused. There are 2 portfolios? Meh, i am stupid, dont listen to what i say.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118610 Report
Sorry if my post was confusing...the new one is the 'Atmosphere'
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118611 Report
Well........

1) Thats a heavy download! . I know broadband only.....but 2mb is still a large site. Maybe you could make a cut down version for us 56kers.

2) The mp3 has 2 problems. First the mp3 is whats driving up the file size. Remove that and the site would work well on 56k. Second (and the most important) you CANT use cradle of filth. That violates copyright unless you have bought the license to use it.

3) Your preloaders dont fully work. The site started playing while there was still 1mb to load which caused the site to hault (most likey caused by the music.) If you want music w/ animation..you should preload all of it. OR stream the mp3 after the animation is done. Or even slice the mp3...preload the animation music only and stream the background music later.

4) You dont (unless i missed it) have an option to turn off the music. Cradle of filth isnt quite "pleasent" music that everyone wants to hear. So an OFF button would be nice. Also..with my speakers on max (i forgot to turn them down) its quite painful to listent too lol

But on the brighter side...i do like the look/feel of the site. Graphics are cool...kinda creepy though (but i like them that way). I like how you set up the navigation...and the animation is awesome!!! Overall GJ. You set out to create an "atmosphere" and you pulled it off nicely. Just dont get yourself sued!

EDIT: WOW....you do have an OFF button...and a whole set of other music functions. I suggest making it easier to see..cause i had to hunt around in the rocks. I actually came across it by accident. For anyone wondering its on the left side.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118613 Report
Well I kinda wish I could look at it, but it would take 30 minutes + to download it. From the splash and the preloader it looks like it would be an amazing site. Lemme know when you get it up without the mp3, that would make it alot smaller thus, imo making it better.

Its not good if you only target broadband users... mostly because that really limits the amout of people that can actually see your work.

But from what I could see It looked good :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118618 Report
Rodder454 pretty much summed it up regarding the downsides.

I think it rocks. :D

I can really enjoy all-out-black-death-metal-death-kill-virgins-crap like this. ^______^
I can see you put tons of work into this too, and it does show.

But most of all I enjoyed the last requirment, "balls".. rofl. :D

Well done!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118713 Report
well i must say it is the animation is very very nice. some of the pics you use are a bit pixelated which kinda hurts it, and when the doorway is zooming it it becomes pixelated as well a bit. Once its all loaded it looks very nice though. cradle of filth has the worst singer in the world i have to say though. when he does he high pitch banshee singing its pretty bad. but its your site and your taste of music i cant make you change it. awesome site though. too bad the "other" portfolio looks nothing like that one =(. some of the animation inbetween changing links reminds me of the feardotcom site in the movie, just the way it moves. but that movie blew and your site doesnt. keep up the nice work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2003#119197 Report
yes - very worked - I personally don't enjoy that kind of music but the design and animations rock. It really sets the mood for strong beverages lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2003#119219 Report
redeye: the way the pixelation happens when the door zooms in.. that kind of thing is really unescapable, unfortunately. it's a compression thing with flash, or whatever. I think. But it happens with me, when i try it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2003#119261 Report
i love it, its my style.

p.s. i tried to squash the little bugs that were scattering around my screen lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum