TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new Mardala.com look.....

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118598 Report
Well since my old host took a big 'Kerrraappppp' I decided to finish what I started a while back, and just re create the site from ground up. Its not done! (of course.) but I have a big chunk of the hard part out of the way now. My approach was to think about all the data before I go 100% into the eye candy. I messed a bit with the styles and added a few images, but pretty much at this point it is bare. I am going to add all the content before I start fine tuning it.
My approach also was to use php and mySQL to create the site, which now is probably 60% there. Pages that arent really going to change I kept html, but almost all the site is stored in a database and php spits out the pages.
Anyways, I thought I would make that clear before I posted the link... lol.... Because its plain right now. By the end of next week I plan on having it done..

www.mardala.com

The only pages really working are the mardala and contact (from the intro page.) then once inside I have the studying, interviews, links, and contact pages working now. I know the main page looks like crap, I threw it together in a few minutes and I am not sure what to do with it yet. But i got the news bit functioning.

:rolleyes:

** edit.... My next big project with this is to create an admin area where I can literally deface or add anything to the site while in a browser. But that is for next week.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118614 Report
I think it looks really good sofar and I cant wait to see it when its all finished. My only suggestion would be to maybe center the navigation (if at all possible) just to make it more appealing. But it looks good the wait it is too

Nice work marble.... :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118616 Report
Well it'd be easier to comment with content...but for right now not bad. Nice and simple and your really cant beat the 3 panel layout.

Also is the nav supposed to be left aligned?? If so...then its confusing with a centered layout. If not...then its just a coding error. Also maybe bring the nav down a little bit...so its closer to the content and has more space from the top of the page.

*waits to see the complete version lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118620 Report
I will center the nav.... the funny thing is I never noticed it was left aligned - lol! Also I am going to create more color variety tomorrow hopefully and create a varying table display to distingush between items. If that makes sense. Thanks =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum