TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I don't know if I wanna do this...

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118530 Report
...Hehe, but here goes.

Made me a li'l site. It's my first try at this so toss me some suggestions and help me, but be gentle. And please do it in plain "english".

What I'm after is just a simple, fastloading page...No real fancy stuff is needed right now, I might come to that later on. But now I'd just like to hear your judgements on functionality, looks and such. Not the content, 'coz there really isn't any, right...

And, Deker...saw that you looked at somebody's page in a sh*tload of browsers, would you mind ? I know it looks like sheize in mozilla...? I don't know how to fix that... But as far as I can see IE and Crazy Browser works. How bout Opera ?

Plz, let me have it by Clicketyclicking here oh, and don't mind the "logo" either
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118532 Report
Heh, I'm not gonna give u anything harsh man but your layout looks like made of CSS, my suggestion is don't put the grid EVERYWHERE, header and footer is enough. At least leave your content area cleaner, maybe just a bg color and such. Oh, one more thing, make a personal logo or something to spice up the header so it's not only in plain text.

Otherwise pretty nice work, I like the hose tutorial, looks pretty nasty, like a worm or something You sure know your html alright though
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118534 Report
Nah, just beginning to exÄeriment with CSS. I would like to do it all in CSS, but for now there is only the fonts, sizes and color thats in CSS. You mean you can size the tables and such as well ? Can you put...like a...certain pic and it's clickable area in a CSS ? any real good CSS site's out there that concentrate on beginners...?

1. Ok, grid just in header and footer. Like this perhaps
2. Personal logo (was actually goin' to...) is happening, just did a quickie woth a text layer, hehe... You're sayin it isn't nice, eh ? Hehe, well I know that it isn't, just put it there for aim...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118539 Report
Looks a lot better with the grid off in the content area man, nice job, I'm only saying make a logo so your site will have some graphic aspect to it just a suggestion anyways

About the CSS, yeah there's a lot in css, table border, background, size, here's some good tutorial site for ya :D :

http://www.designplace.org/tutorials.php
http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/beyond/css.html
http://www.pageresource.com/dhtml/indexcss.htm

For more check out my link list
http://www.hybridfusion.com/weblinks.shtml

"6:41 AM" !!!!! Holy GOD gtg to sleep :D Good luck
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118540 Report
Thx. *goes looking at tut's *
sleep tight, and dream wet dreams...;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118544 Report
For absolute beginner CSS (and DHTML/ Javascript as well) I'd recommend www.webmonkey.com and for a little more advanced you've got Web Page Design for Designers at www.wpdfd.com - he has a lot of stuff on types and cross-browser compatibility.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118566 Report
Nice site ^__^
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2003#118579 Report
Thweet!

I like the color scheme. I'm a sucker for grayscale, or at least really desaturated colors. It let's the other graphics really pop.

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2003#118724 Report
Ok, I thank you guy's...

especially Xman, I'll do what you suggest 'coz I agree with you, and then I will study those tut's...

Pganguly, Hmmm....Yea, I'm a greyish man aswell for some reason. I just have to get some knowledge of how to do all the other stuff that comes with making a website, don' I, hehe ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum