TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Your opinion plz

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117888 Report
Hello!

Please go take a look at my first big site design:

http://www.luccousineau.com/manchettes.html

The layout is entirely made from DIVs & SPANs and a CSS. Its been tested in IE and Netscap, should wourk without the audio player in Opera. It hasnt been tested on any Mac browser because I do not have acces to a Mac box. Your comments would be appreciated.

The site is in french, made for a Quebec musician.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2003#117953 Report
Hmm.. I like your layout design a lot, and I'm using 1078 x 768 still looks good except a bit empty space below. The pullover menu idea is great I really like it, the title box doesnt match the rest of your 2d style well though where it says luc cousineau, otherwise welcome aboard! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2003#117966 Report
nice site, i hope mac users arent the target market :p it works fine on the mac in IE 5.2 os X, but on safari is ROKED, the player opens the mp3s to the same window, and the type overlays everything
the bio page has content over everything going straight to the bottom of the page
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2003#118007 Report
Nice mixture of colors. Where'd you learn CSS? Thats about the only language I know nothing of.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2003#118138 Report
Thanks to all for your support!

X-fusion: I originaly planned to design a style sheet for several resolutions. I managed to make the page extensible width-wise but in the early process forgot to choose a background pic that allowed stretching its height... Guessed I had to learn the hard way! So, the design is optimized for the smallest 800 x 600 available height... The 3d top logo is supposed to match the bottom "airedale" logo and the player, I guessed I used too many different techniques. Originally the section buttons were suppose to have the same plastic look, but they looked dorky so I dumped them.

d9thc: As soon as I get my hands on a mac I'll make an alternate stylesheet. That was in part why I posted it on this forum.

GFX100: I based myself on the album cover, which is the work of Nabil Doss. To learn CSS quickly (as I did) I would suggest WebMonkey's tutorials for the very basic (http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/authoring/stylesheets/) then for compatibilities issues look to Joe Gillepsy's Wep Page Design for Designers (http://www.wpdfd.com/). Hope that kindles the interrest for CSS ! I have nothing against flash, but why spend that much time on it when a lot can be duplicated with DHTML and stylesheets ?

Again, thanks for your input!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2003#118282 Report
I think it looks great, I like the mp3 thing you got going on the left side , original i must say. The overall design is great, nice choice of colors and everything flows together smoothly. Im not really sure that I like the scrolling thing, i was never really a big fan of that :P but thats just me Maybe make the up arrow at the top like a normal scroll bar would be, but still have the same effect :D

Other then that I think it looks great. Nice work and hope to see some more of your stuff here in the near future
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum