TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Update to an old layout

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117318 Report
http://www.riotgearmedia.com/portfolio/new/

This is one of my older designs , but by far my favourite one. I just decided to update it and make a portfolio site out of it.

Please leave comments and critisizm over here

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117322 Report
Dude can't believe it's you !!! Mainiac from red2.org, man that was long time ago, your style haven't changed much...... I remembered admired your design so much and you were the one who told me about teamphotoshop.com and other design tutorial sites, your design is great as ever man just can't believe it's you!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117326 Report
Hehe hi man..i cant say i remember your nickname very clearly (though i do remember it a bit) .

Wassup ? Checked your site out..good stuff
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117327 Report
Oh, I went by xcf33 back then it was kinda stupid, remembered you were in college or something and I was so hooked with your stuff, chatted couple times with you on icq asking you about those stuff, still remember the time I left the cnc community was the time you had the 2.0 version came, the sphere with curve with a tank, and 3d borders, metal bars... I thought you were like the best and the little lightning gif, that's how I could tell it was your style, although I left design and stuff for about 2 years and just started over recently and found this forum very useful. It's great to see your work again man!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117328 Report
hehe i remember you now

Good to see ya buddy!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117329 Report
I think that looks really good... I really like the realistic texture and stuff that you put into the pipes and the metal. Nice work... cant wait to see it up and running with content and stuff
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117344 Report
yeah.. the 'relism' on the textures are very good... the lightning is controlled as well...

good work man
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117385 Report
i see x-fusion just took a trip - more like, he was tripping - down nostalgia lane....

Um.x-fusion, when you say his style hasn't changed much, i think it's because this design was from a while ago lol, thats what he said in his post anyway.

As for the site, it's nice! (Make a tutorial on how you did that metal !!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D

My gripe is the fact that the links are in the center of the page. That's a very arbitrary place to put them. they break up the fluidness of the site.If you need 2 separate boxes, you can always just put the links tot he left, and have 2 separate boxes to the right.

Also, you might want to ahve the name of the actual site somewhere on the site.. though it might be cool to leave it off. it's personal taste.

One more thing... that little cut section of the metal where you see the electric bolt... that part kind of sucks. It's a little noobish. reminicescent of lightning tutorials.

Otherwise, sha winnnnngg!!! that site is beautiful, keep it up! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117441 Report
Hmm...i hate writing tutorials but i guess one of them days i just make them should help drive some traffic to my site....

The gripes you mentioned are noted, i dont like the electric bolt much myself either (it was gonna be animated though)...

As for the links in the middle, i agree its not the best place but i felt it looked good. Besides im getting a bit tired of the standard nav's

Thanks for the comments!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2003#117676 Report
Naw, I like the nav in the middle as long as you have use for the two different boxes. Like when I click pics or gfx portfolio, how is that gonna load? Perhaps you're going to introduce your work in the left window and then load the thumbnails in the right. That would work. But if the layout is screwed up because of the links in the middle, get rid of them and put them on the left. The lighting was the first thing that struck me about the graphics - very nice job on that end. It would be cool if the lightning was animated. And supah - he kinda does have his name there - in form of a logo. I think it looks good that way.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum