TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

layout for my portfolio/services site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 10th 2003#117284 Report
Iframes are bbetter than regular frames? Heh, that's not saying much.

Eating out of a fricking dumpster is better than regular frames too.

anyway, don't give in to satan and use iframes.

as for the site, it's pretty nice. I agree with rod's comment about tiling the bg.
Also, I really hate the content area. I don't know what it is, but the title turns me off. The metal in the font isn't the same nice metal texture on the gears... the part of hte words that's in white (the "services" part) is a little hard to read and could be a little straining on the eyes. It's very bright.

the content box is arright, but the white part on the right side is the same as witht he text. It would make content look like it drops out into space.

You may want to extend the text box vertically too, so you can put more content.

otherwise, pretty nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2003#117287 Report
It looks really good, I can't wait to see the finished product. And what is wrong with iframes? I plan to use them on my next design.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117348 Report
I agree with sup, dont use iframe, use layers, it's cleaner and more browser supports it I think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117365 Report
sup, thanks for the crit, doubt i'll be making most of those changes, but i appreciate it.

iframes will stay. sorry but if you had any idea how badly the last layers thing turned out for anything but IE, you'd know why i'm using iframes. my current lucidia.org layout uses iframes, and i haven't had a complaint yet, but my last layout used layers and it was a mess. the problem is the layers need to be scrolling layers. i don't want to load on this site to be extraordinary. i can't expect every client to be on a cable connection. i'm certainly not incapabable of making a layout that extends for normal page scroll, but i think it's not worth the trouble for what i'm trying to do.

then again i could change my mind at a moments notice. go figure.

not that i dont' appreciate the input ^_~, i just suppose i'm gonna keep the general original concept alive despite the hatred of some things. there are still a lot of changes that need to be made though, that much i'll say.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum