TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new site (forgottenyouth.com)

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116907 Report
Hey there.
Newbie here. Just wanted to know what others think of my web site. Just currently finished work on forgottenyouth.com version 1. I`m new with photoshop and this is my first web site I designed for myself. Currently working on my version 2 that will come shortly.

Link: http://www.forgottenyouth.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116910 Report
Looks pretty solid to me... and arent those tag boards just cool?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116914 Report
Is there some changes that I should make?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116918 Report
Looks great to me. I dunno if its just the computer that I'm on right now, but I'm getting a blank, black space to the right of oyur main layout, it'd look nicer if the layout was centered and/or expanded to fit the width of the window somehow. Nav for the most part seems fine, but its a little hard to see, maybe increase the contrast on those nav buttons just a bit? it's not that bad, just took me a second to realize there was navigation at the top of the page instead of just the bottom.

Great work, and welcome to the forums!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116921 Report
Thanx for your imput. I do realize that on bigger screen resolution it doesn`t look as good as it does on 800 x 600. I`m still stuck on a 15 inch monitor so I like to work with 800 x 600 resolution. I know time to move on to a bigger screen :D I will shortly but for now this will have to do. My version 2.0 is also for 800 x 600 but I think it will look better on bigger resolutions also.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116990 Report
not too bad for your first try. Only thing that strikes me as a bit weird is that you went with the computer/aqua "home" and "email" look when the rest of the site is kinda dirty and grimmy. I dont think it mixes too well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2003#117124 Report
Yeah I guess you`re right. I`m not quite good with choosing colours and making tings mix with the rest of the site. I`m learning slowly and I think my second version will be better.
I appretiate your comments. Thanx
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2003#117126 Report
I think it looks really good for your first attempts... I really like the texture of the entire thing and the way things flow from the top to the bottom. I do however agree with redeye on those buttons they do look out of place when compared to the rest of the site. The bright green (wires?) things look kindof out of place as well... maybe look into a different color.

Other then that though I think it looks great...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2003#117163 Report
Thanx x_fusiun_x. I like your site. I like it how clean and neat it is. I`m trying to make a brighter and cleaner version for myself also and onec I`m done I`ll post it here. Hopefully you ppl will like it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 9th 2003#117185 Report
looks five million times better than my first website (which i made with dozens of horrid gifs and blinking text and every other possible bad design thing you can do. but i was 15 and had no design progs besides corel photopaint before it had layers,and no design prog exp. thank goodness things have changed). keep it up, you're doing pretty good. i agree with the prior comment about the rough texture and then the glossy buttons. i can't say much cause i'm mixing some odd things on my current project, but maybe if you made them cracked or broken or something. all around good job though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum