TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

It's done! (my site, that is)

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116700 Report
Well, I finally put the pedal to the metal and finish my website. Not really a website, but an online portfolio page.

http://slonik.homestead.com/

It's my first site ever...

Please do comment and critize.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116702 Report
Sweet! First reply to MJ's site lol. Nice to see this layout actually take shape. I remember seeing the orig. idea but never heard anything after that lol.

Ya know as small as it is...i like it. Its unique and its simple! Cant be those 2 qualities.

Only comments...would be center your "splash square" (its a new invention lol...maybe you could start a trend) . Its somewhere off on the left hand side right now. Its a bit odd to look at. Also on your splash square...the "suggested setup" text is very hard to read (looks like "overlay" or something.) I would make it stand out more...or remove it all together cause id be suprised if a browser (short of text based) couldnt handle your site lol.

Otherwise good job!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116703 Report
Ok, the splash square is there just to redirect... since if I give out the actual link (http://slonik.homestead.com/files/index.html) people will get confused and won't remember. If not for this, I wouldn't have a splash square at all.

I'll make the "Suggested Setup" different tonight (it's 4:40am now).

As far as browsers not handling the site...

In Opera 7 the navigation buttons don't work, and neither do the little photos/graphics squares... and I'm really, really fond of both those effects. Hehehe. So I want people to see them also. Haven't tried the site in Mozilla, Netscape, etc.

Yep. Thanks for the comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116858 Report
bumpage.

Also, can whoever sees the site please tell if:

1. the effects on the thumbs works for you
2. if you see any scrollbars around
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116860 Report
I don't know, I like the splash page and I liked the elephent and texture but there's something, I dont know, the frame border looked way too simple and not well connected, anyways, just an idea no harsh feelings Jester you did a great job
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116878 Report
Kill the splash, and make your layout bigger. THank you and I'm spent.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116992 Report
yeah it is a bit small, but if you are going to keep it that small, center it in the page rather than the very top of the page. give people some space to rest their eyes on all the sides. yeah the mouse over effect works fine, although its a kinda weird how you did it. i would have make it desaturated at first then mouse over it would change to a clear look at the pic rather than just a darker saturation. other than that it can work out nicely.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum