TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

my site.

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9609 Report
hey, i'm new here and glad to have found this forum.

uhm.. i just did a redesign of my site.. but all my friends don't give me any criticism other than "cool" or "nice" so if you would offer me some criticism i'd love it. thanks!

http://www.flynetdesign.net/carl/newfallen/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9613 Report
Well it's very simple and minimalist, which I like. I'm not a big fan of sites in pop-up windows though. I like things to just open in my browser normally. But it gives you, as the creator, a lot more control over how your page will look if you do it that way. It would be nice if you put some cellspacing around all of the content tables. With the black text running all the way into the black background, it makes it very hard to read the beginnings of the lines of text. I like how you made her eyes orange like the rest of the links. It's kinda hard to navigate the site, because all of the link names are pretty obscure, and you don't really know what you're clicking on until you get there. But since it's a personal expression site, I don't think that really matters. Interesting design though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9620 Report
I like it.....I definetely do not like the pop up window for the site though...I like it in one window...Just my Opinion though!!!!good job
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9644 Report
If your after an artsy site, you have it. I don't like the pop up and navigation is hard. I do like the eyes allot though, very cool but I like like playing with eyes too hehe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9646 Report
Yes, the eyes look very good. It's a little...disturbing? Unique how the links are various parts of the body, and it makes the visitor to the site have to look at em all (or make educated guesses on whats what). Looks nice, colors are simple, yet very good. Pages load VERY quick! I think you did an awesome job, and your site is really unique!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9649 Report
nice and simple
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9661 Report
I like the way the site looks, I think its cool but I dont know if its the best site for usability, I think i first time users would find it hard to navigate through it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9689 Report
thanks for the notes everyone.

I usually don't design for little pop-up boxes.. but this time i just wanted the control over it. It's very browser specific.. If you didn't check it out in ie 5+ then you wouldn't see it properly at all.

as far as a personal site goes.. it's design over function this time. and as long as the aesthetics work i'm not too concerned with people making sense of it. (just like i'm not to worried about people making sense of me.)

thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9697 Report
first of all, I LOVE IT, cause, A. you play bass and so do I, but thats not the only reason, I also like it because when I scrolled through your mp3 list I saw bands such as Poison the Well (one of my favs mind you), Zao, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Converge among others. as far as limp bizkit and korn go.... eh im not to sure, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. now to what really matters, the site. i like it alot. many people dont like pop up box's, but hey you can maximise it if you want. i enjoyed looking through your site. it was very creative, and very different from alot of other things i have seen. keep up the good work!!

"stay away from me, and ill be fine, ill have to live my life alone" - life of riley
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9699 Report
I really like the site, the eyes are a great part of the window and the navigational system is very original with the body parts and all. keep up the great work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum