TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

rough idea, needs advice

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 5th 2003#116516 Report
because of my lack of skill of photoshop etc I've decided my upcoming verison of my web site is going to focus on simplicity so here's an rough idea, give me some suggestions please

http://darkbo.hypermart.net/temp/temp.jpg

Some of the feature would include

mutilple layers
random banner image
drop menu

etc

Chang
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2003#116518 Report
Imo, the font for the menu bar needs to be sharpend a lot. Either a new font, or some good sharpen skills would do it.

The top line box where the address is kinda useless, same goes for bottom box. Other then thouse 3 things, design is pertty sweet, like the womens faces and sexy car :D.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2003#116581 Report
Lack of skill in photoshop isn't the reason you go for simplicity.
Even when you get very skilled in photoshop you should still go for simplicity.

Simple design is good design, it's a good rule of thumb to keep.

As for the design, it's boring. You didn't really integrate graphics into the design.. I mean, you have the one pic of the lady's face to the left, but i mean, the whole thing just doesnt flow.

I agree with tardbong. Sharpen up the fonts.

In the inset boxes, I'm curious as to why you picked such arbitrary things for pictures. A car, a woman, a 3d sphere... Does that have any logic behind it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2003#116586 Report
Oh, the 3d sphere and things are just some like update items gonna be in the content area I was just trying to arrange it and you are right it is hard to create your own style of work I wanted to try where the lady with the left face make it a random image so everytime goes to a different page the image changes etc, anyways, it was just an idea, thanks anyways :D

Chang
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116820 Report
X stick with the spheres but try different scales ,colors and textures for each box and maybe a multisphered geometric shape that looks 3 D, sexy woman is cool but like the post above nothing seems to flow .......
these two images are not mine ...and please dont use them ....but a friend of mine does a lot with photoshop and flash on his site ...i 'd like you to see what i meant image1
and
Image2
its a very cool look you've got going and i think this would flow awesome......BTW - anti-alias that text it looks waaaay too fuzzy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116844 Report
Thanks guys I'm still lookin for my own sense of style and I'm also startin flash so the new project will be huge, I'll let keep you guys updated, now my main problem is I need find a better host support my SQL PHP, etc that works with flash because my current server is unix :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116852 Report
No prob .....anytime
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum