TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

early site design layout

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115601 Report
Hi
I was wondering if you guys could give a quick critique on my site so far. One problem I can't seem to solve is the right side of the site. If I left it blank, the site looks a bit boring, but if I put something on, it looks too busy. Any ideas?
http://www.spotculture.com
oh yeah, and for the navigation, I know it links to another site, but that's just for testing.
Thanks!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115615 Report
hmm...... It's rather messy I think maybe extend your content area to the right and maybe make the title of your site bigger and you should have no prob
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115629 Report
how is it messy? I actually like it. Just make the text box bigger. it's too small. That should take up more space.

I dont fancy the whole "right side of the page being aligned tot he right edge" thing, so that it expands with the browser. Why not just give the left side a definite width and then have the whole site aligned to the left? just a thought.

otherwise it's nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115632 Report
I think it looks pretty good, but supa had some good pointers... the right side needs some work, it just gets choped off at higher resolutions, and there is a huge white box along the left side at the bottom... at least for me.. (1600x1200).

Other then that and the stuff supa said I think its a pretty good start
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115647 Report
I just dont get the yellow outline cutt out guy, it looks like ripped paper into pieces
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115711 Report
I do agree with supa about having the right aligned to the left. I like the urban style though, very much to my tastes. The only thing is that at 800x600 the bottom gets cut off and you have to go to full screen mode to see it all. Maybe if the text box was moved up and made wider?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115940 Report
Balance
..its all about balance ...
it has none ...
the idea is there ...
I dont go for the box in the center of the page bit .... then the other pages loading in the bottom left ...rethink it , get some balance and better colors , make links instead of drop down boxes , even the simple flash buttons in DW would work, or if you're familiar with javascript , try a couple of rollovers ... and if you REALLY wanna get fancy try this: go to : Project VII check out their tutorials on css rollover menus , easy stuff if you follow the tutorial all the way thru ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116766 Report
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got rid of the yellow cut out cause it did seem a bit out of place. I wasn't too sure on what to put on it. I changed a few things and added the rest of the contents. Feel free to rip the site apart. Thanks!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116818 Report
I like the flash work , i tend to be a "FLASHER" myself, but you can still see the scrollbox buttons on the lower right corners and your slices arent quite lined up , its getting better ........
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2003#116821 Report
thanks for the feedback. When you say the slices don't align correctly, you're referring to the three lines on the right side of the screen right? I noticed it when I checked my site online. However, when I came home, my moniter doesn't show it's unaligned. Any ideas why this would happen? Second thing, you mentioned the scroll bar. I left it there because if someone is using 800x600 res, then the flash movie would be a scrunched up. Is there a way to conceal the scrollbar when it's not needed and pop it up when it is?
Thanks!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum