TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

what do you think

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115519 Report
Heey guys hows everyone doing, hope you all had a good weekend.

I want some feedback on this before i present it to my client/fiend

www.chinony.com

please tell me what i should do to liven it up a bit??
I think its to satic any ideas i would apreciate it?

Thanxs
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115528 Report
the colors make no sense. The light blue/white filter bg over the black has got me wondering. If anything, there shouldn't be any black, just make the whole filter extend over the whole page.

The logo can be done better, the metal thing isn't going for the desired simplicity thang.

The font is big and obtrusive, you could make it less bold and more pleasing to the eye.

The links themselves are huge rollover pictures. Links shouldn't be that size on the site... they take up more space than the actual logo. the mouseovers... that isn't a great font that you used on the mouseover. same thing about the metal in the logo applies for this too.

also, I always have felt that you shouldn't have to mouse over a link to see which link it's for. Navigating a site should be easy, it shouldnt be a guessing game of cups and balls.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115529 Report
I agree, first the color background doesn't match up black/blue, the title, oh well good for beginners but I would do something like make a masked layer inside or something. But the menu items are the main problems and the rollover effects as well. I understand you want to make them big and simple. It would been better with buttons/text instead of buttons/pictures

My suggestion would be hmm...
keep the format
-------------------------------------------------
.................................background image
..............................................|.|.|.|.|.|.|.
.....................Content..............|.|.|.|.|.|.|.

button1 button2 button3 button4
-------------------------------------------------

Besides that, you look good for beginners, just stick here longer you will improve in no time
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115559 Report
thnaxs guys, what you say makes a lot of sense ill work on this a lot more. Im having resolution isues, i know the buttoms are big but they dont llo right when i design them of my screen so small.
what should i design for in tearms of resolution and is there a "practical way " to test out my setings? before i go and pushish them? thanxs a lot guys
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115590 Report
hmmm........ I usually have 800 x 600 resolution setting, try to build your page on that then check your page with different resolution like 1028 x 768 so on :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2003#115594 Report
yeah i tried to design for a 800x600 screen, i thought the black would not be so noticeble at that resolution i guess i was wrong
:( im already making the buttons smaller and i changed the font of the main logo, ill post it up for your input later.

Can anyone tell me how i can make my site rezise itself on loading to a fixed size? that be nice for me i think.

thanxs all of you...

Raul
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115611 Report
Yo I I made this in half hour to give u an idea how your thing should look like

http://darkbo.hypermart.net/temp/apex.jpg

Give me some word
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum