TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

AntiGeeks - Code Design?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 27th 2003#115357 Report
Hey, my first time posting on these boards (in the past year anyway), but I've been reading for a long time now so I respect a lot of people's critisizms!

Anyway, to the chase: I've gotten so far with a design for a site that I want to open soon called AntiGeeks, it's a jpg and I need to know what to change before I code it.

The address for it is http://www.antigeeks.com/thusfar2.jpg

There's a few things I can point out with it already;
- The pixel font isn't fantastic (the one on the top menu bar). It's fairly bold though and one of the few free ones I could find.
- The two metal gradient things either side of the bottom bar need to have some sort of outline like the one at the top.
- The 'Featured' boxes both feature The Wind Waker. They won't do, and they'll both be arranged better in the final thing.
- Its very narrow. Sorry to all those at higher resolutions - it looks good at 800x600 and 1024x768 but I can well imagine it doesn't fair up fantastically higher up. What makes it worse are the Featured boxes, but they'll only be on the first page in the final site.

And also there's a couple of things that don't come across well pre-HTML'
- The metal headers on the right menu bar will have text links under them, they're not buttons.
- The dark red patch on the menu is just me seeing what it would look like if it was all a bit darker, sorry for leaving that in.

I know it sounds like I've already given this a critique ^_^ but I want it to turn out alright and I know some of you guys are in another league with design so I'd love to hear from you (all).

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2003#115378 Report
I like most of it, accually not a lot wrong. Maybe the fonts in the green buttons?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2003#115419 Report
Yeah I'll definetly agree with that, does any one know of any good (free) pixel fonts / pixel font sites?

Anyway, thanks for the input Entercode
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2003#115450 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2003#115462 Report
I really like it, what kind font you use for your title, it looks great!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2003#115473 Report
It's just Impact, but the subtitle slogan thing is GoodDog Plain.

I think fontsforflash.com was where I got the menu fonts, it's mostly pay fonts on there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115630 Report
It's very nice ! :D

I dont know about the metal bgs behind the links..
i love the plastic though, especially the featured game thing. very nice.

Although it does remind me of a box of fruit roll ups, i really like this site.

Btw, i tried installing gooddog plain (dragged the font file into the c\windows\fonts folder), for some reason it's not working in any program. I restarted comp too. no go. Help anyone? (Cause that's an awesome font )
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115671 Report
I like the color scheme and the overall layout of your design. I found the good dog font at http://www.dafont.com/en/search.php?nq=1&q=gooddog+&Submit=Go

If you want to find more fonts I have plenty of links for font sites on http://www.t4dstudio.com/m_links_2.htm

Again on the design, I like it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115674 Report
Hey mara!
1. welcome back.
2. Go back to irc dammit. it's dying.
3. Bring some e-vodka.
4. It's not the location of the fonts that i'm worried about (I also found it at dafont, i also found the original font at fonthead.com or something like that.) the fonts just arent installing. not just this font but no font htat i install now works. it sucks, but what can I do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2003#115681 Report
Thanx for the wb :D I have been spending some time away from the puter, was kinda burnt. As well as enjoying the summer sun. I went to irc, but ya weren't there. Guess I missed ya. I brought the e-vodka too...hehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum