TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Home-Epicurean.com

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 20th 2003#114490 Report
Been working on this for about a month on Sunday's, so it probably has like like 25 - 30 hours in it. The shopping cart is based off of www.oscommerce.com, and I just customized the layout for it. The code is pretty bad, because that's the way OSCommerce does it, and I'm not going to completely re-write the layout of the shopping cart script for what I'm getting paid, so that's that.

He only has 3 products and a lot of Coming Soon images, but there isn't much I can do about that. He's just starting the business and doesn't have the money to get all those other products into mass-production yet, so we're just putting up what he has.

He already had the logo and the blue checkers are part of his packaging, so I made the site closely resemble his existing identity but still kept it nice and clean looking (his packaging is solid blue, as you can see on the front page, and that would be way too overpowering to make the whole site blue like that).

http://www.home-epicurean.com/

Note: This is a live site, so please don't place any test orders or anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114508 Report
nice to see its all finished .. good work derek!
header looks great too ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114521 Report
Looks good... very simple, but in some cases thats good. Im not really sure about the font at the top the bigger stuff is fine, but the smaller font looks kindof jagged because of the shadow behind it.

Other then that though I think it looks great
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114624 Report
not my favorite of your works, but good use of existing elements!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114628 Report
i think you were limited in the design , i seen your work and is much more exciting. Never the less a very nice site that acomplishes its goal, very nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114632 Report
Since this is more of a business oriented site, you chose the best style. This is more like an online store site, guys. This layout is actually what most online stores prefer. Simple. It's very nice.

Your PHP skills are also quite impressive.

All in all, if I were to rate it on a 10/10 scale, I'd give it an 8.5.

Keep up the good work, dude.

Take care,
Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2003#114640 Report
well its too bad he already had the top banner. so basically im just looking at the code, which works very well. although the look of the site gets the job done but nothing else.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2003#114720 Report
Originally posted by deker
The code is pretty bad, because that's the way OSCommerce does it, and I'm not going to completely re-write the layout of the shopping cart script for what I'm getting paid, so that's that.

Once you get used to OSC, it is actully really good flexible code, and very easy to customize. I've been using it for 6 months now, and really enjoy it.

I did this site: http://www.fortuneteeshirt.com it is using OSC cart/checkout...notice it doesn't look anything like OSC (except the buttons...LOL...I got lazy)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2003#114958 Report
Once you get used to OSC, it is actully really good flexible code, and very easy to customize. I've been using it for 6 months now, and really enjoy it.

We'll have to get some side-bars going on OSC. I've been playing with it for a site http://www.johnlongartist.com/catalog/ (another thread hi-jacking). As you can see I haven't customized it nary at all yet, just playing with the modules mostly (I haven't even taken the banner off the bottom yet). I'm glad to see we've got some more peeps playin' with it, I think it's a great tool, and a great development community, and a good way to learn PHP. I know now I can start posting questions about it in the "Sever Side Code" section now!!!

I was the one who pushed Dek to use OSC for his site. He said it was overkill, but I thought it would provide him with the flexability in case the site took off. He normally never listens to me, so I have no idea why he used it for this site.... ;)

Now for Dek:
I like it mucho bueno, dude!!! The one thing that face-palms me is that I have NO idea who the company is, why I should trust them to send me meat in the mail, or how the gig even works from a consumer side. You need to ENLIGHTEN me on the front page big time. Maybe even a home page idea like Westkoast did, http://www.fortuneteeshirt.com/home.php but with MORE information, plus maybe a link to a html page with even MORE information. Westkoast even shows me the little box the tees get shipped in, with Home Epicurean, I'm wondering if maybe Emeril is going to show up and cook for me for $34.25 plus shipping. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum