TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

tell me what you think

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113865 Report
i just finished my new site, tell me what you think about the graphics, content, layout, ect. Here's the link:

www.geocities.com/eljaysun48

I'm sorry for any pop-ups or ads. Any feed back is good to hear (even if its bad)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113868 Report
Yeah, it's pretty nice, I'd have the header extend all the way to the end of the page. also, i wouldn't have a motto like "the art of design" like that, it's kind of corny and the text is too big.

When you click on links, the section name appears in the top left, i.e. PORTFOLIO etc. The names are way too big and are overpowering the rest of the site, when in fact the section name isn't the most important part oft he site.

Same goes for the "back" button in the bottom right.

Try not to have horizontal scrollbars.

below the header it's plain, something must be done to give it unf.

One more thing, when you make a tutorial like your webdesign tutorial, please do not make it one big gif with all the words. Type the words out, showing different snapshots if necessary.

And i wouldn't call that tutorial one for "web design", more like one for "web design inspiration", as "web design" is a very broad subject.

otherwise nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113873 Report
its not too bad, simple and easy touse. , I think it will look alot better with content tho.
I like the nav too, maybe try to incorporate cool mouse overs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113876 Report
I'm running 1024x768 and there is a horizontal scrollbar, which really turns me off. Sorry for being a btch but it does. I like the header image, but not really the link images. They're all right, but could be better. More graphical maybe, like the header. Also, I would make the text size 10px instead of 12px. It is on the other pages I think but the text size is too big on the homepage. Oh and I just saw the tutorial you posted. Never ever ever post an straight .jpg as a web page. And I really discourage making so much text an image. It will load so much faster and be so much better if its real text. Its not a bad tutorial though.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113898 Report
I think its alright... simple, but still has some good style points I would suggest however that in the body tag you put "topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0" that way there will be no space at the top and on the left side... I think that will make it look much better

As for the rest of the site, it is plain, but once you get some more content it wont be so empty looking
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113915 Report
i like it
the only things ::
the headers a bit big
i hate that font u've choosen for the text
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113916 Report
thanks for the advice everyone. i'll try to fix it, but because i'm using geocities cause i'm cheap, it doesn't like to work with me. like with the scrolling, i had it designed so it would be just a little smaller than the IE window in 1024 x 768, but Geocities managed to screw it up. as far as content- I got big plans so come back sometime. thanks again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2003#113974 Report
"topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0"

or you can just put [style]body{margin:0}[/style] inside the head tags.

just replace all the [ and ] with < and > . (Forum reads html.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum