TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

suggestions?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9318 Report
I am a newbie from the word go in all things Photoshop and webdesign. I know what I like when I see it,its just in the doing that requires alot of effort for me. Please critique my site.

I have only been working with this webstuff for about 4 months, and I am no where near what you guys can achieve.

www.ledragon.com

Thanks in advance.

LeDragon
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9320 Report
You might want to center the "interface" at the top. In Netscape 4.78 it doesn't connect togheter, but in IE 5.5 it does. Maybe consider making the interface a little bigger, or changing the color of the text for your links. It was hard to read.

Just my two cents.

Lastic
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9321 Report
* i posted this already on the Pank-Pages Forum *

first of all, try and make your splashpage (if you really need a splashpage) not that big, i had to scroll to click the enter button. The height should be around 580 pixels or something.

Your mainpage is a bit busy, a lot of animation and different colors. This CAN be cool, but at your page it's just TOO busy.
And again i had to scroll to see your maincontent. Really try and make your pages for 800x600 resolutions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9326 Report
Again, I agree with *NL*. The page is way too busy, and it makes it very hard to concentrate on reading any of the text, because there are so many things flying around trying to get my attention. Consider making the entire image of the splash page the enter link, rather than the tiny button at the bottom. All of the colors in your Recent Events section clash with themselves and the rest of the site. Try using Verdana as your font. It's a lot better on screen than Times New Roman or whatever that is. The whole site seems kind of random. It doesn't have a central theme. The navigation is like a fantasy type thing, then some of the pages have comic sans 'fun text' all over the place. Consider making everything match up, and have a consistent theme. Doing good for your first site, I'm just giving you a few tips.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9331 Report
Thanks Guys,

I went back and changed the nav buttons so they are easier to read,(knew I needed to, but been lazy).
Resized the enter page and made whole pic the link.

As far as optimizing for 800X600,I checked it on my screen at that rez and it looked ok, I normally use 1024X768 so I was concerned.

I know what you meen by keeping a theme on the site consistent, you couldn't notice it till this week when I put frames on the site (hard stuff them frames).I'll see what I can do

Recent Events page needs ALOT of work, I know, I have been working on Images for the page and just put color in the table cells till I was done. Kinda stumped on it for the moment.

Thank you for the comments :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum