TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

one page of a site from me

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113455 Report
*edit* please see later post in this thread for updated sites and questions. thanks.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113460 Report
wow, dude, I do see a lot of improvement from your previous sites. A Lot!

The header is Very nice, I just think that the photo itself should be in higher quality and the logo sharp.

I don't like the whole middle part where the text goes, how the site kind of curves inward. Why do it? Why not just put a nice bg color that flows? Because as it is, the fluency of the site just seems to disrupt.

Also, try making the site at the bottom continue all the way to the bottom of the page, i think it would look really nice.

otherwise, very sexy! :D

And one more thing, I am not sure why the line above the right menu is there, thoguh i have a suspicion it may be because of thiskind of thing:
(ech. using {} instead of <> because the forum reads html.. :P )

{img src="blahblah.gif"}
{img src="yaddayadda.gif"}

there might be a separation between the two images. if there is, then you do this:

{img src="blahblah.gif"}{img
src="yaddayadda.gif"}

The reason is because in your source code, the html regards the line break between the first {img src} and the 2nd as a space. So, it figures you want a space between your 2 pics and puts it. by doing the above, you can eliminate the space between the 2 {img src}s and thus eliminate the space between the pics.

Of course, you get the same result with this:

{img src="blahblah.gif"}{img src="yaddayadda.gif"}

Because in the 2nd example, the browser reads the line break as a space but the line break is within the img tag and is supposed to be there, so, no problemo.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2003#113539 Report
I like it! nice and smooth, pretty attractive. And i want to read this thing about how athletes are paid too much (cuz...you know, they are). One thing though is It'd look nicer if you could get the gradient and the bottom of the header pic to blend a bit more smoothly. Maybe try some transparency masking? If you have a source image that extends more to the bottom anyway. I like it though, nice job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2003#113621 Report
lol I didn't really like it all that much so I spent all of last night working on a new one which is better but not as graphic. It's at

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/2/index3.html *edit* no more 404

I need some feedback on that one, too (read the body paragraph). Maybe I'll continue with both for a little bit.

I don't like the whole middle part where the text goes, how the site kind of curves inward. Why do it? Why not just put a nice bg color that flows? Because as it is, the fluency of the site just seems to disrupt.

Also, try making the site at the bottom continue all the way to the bottom of the page, i think it would look really nice.

I'm not really sure what you mean, supahsekzy. A flowing background... - clarify, please, because I'm sure you have good ideas but I don't really understand.

And I know that the quality really sucks. It takes too much time to change though because I made it out of an image that had allready been compressed for web. Mistake. I might go ahead and redo it once I get enough feedback.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2003#113673 Report
Your new site, the one you just posted, is showing a 404.

To better understand what I said, check this out:

illustorium.fateback.com/junk2/mywriting_fix.gif

(copy and paste, and add an http)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113756 Report
Allright so I've got two sites for the same material that are almost at completion so I need your help as to which one I should use.

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/new/

Thats a redid version of one I posted here much earlier, and is all but done. I need to add a {blockquote} tag on the "featured" table, and perhaps optimize the images (tell me how long it is loading). Other than that, do you like it?

The second one is at

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/2/index3.html

This is inspired by CD art, and while really very simple, I think I like it. I might change the content window to the background color (while keeping some sort of textured background and the white border) so that the text is easier on the eyes. And I know it needs a better header so I'm working on that. Read the text and you'll see the problem I'm having - maybe you can help. Is this site "the one"?

Thanks.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113763 Report
for the first one, left or right align your text along the sides...i dont really like things like that centered. other than that, it looks good. nice and simple and clean and smooth. as for the second one, it would not load for me :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113810 Report
I like it, but the right bar doesn't blend with the top completely... good job on the left though
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum