TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Nproducties

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113112 Report
Hey people this is one of my site's but i have a problem
Ive made a ocean ripple in my news content and also in the nav becouse bevel made it look like ****.
Im still thinking how it would look better maybe you can give me some insperation for it .

http://www.nproductions.nl.tt/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113132 Report
I don't like the centered text in the content box. And also there is a horizontal scrollbar on my browser. It looks like everything is really spread out, but that more things are on the right side of the page, which is a little unconventional, and looks somewhat weird.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113146 Report
Everythings really really big and my res 1280 by 1024. Someone who has there res at 800 by 600 are going to be able to count the pixels lol. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113158 Report
I like the ripply thing on the title bars in the content boxes...but it also seems to clash with the rest of the site, which is pretty clean cut and straight-ish. I'm wondering also why the nav box is practically in the middle of the page. It seems like a whole lot of wasted space. it seems like it's that wide for the sake of the title at the top, but I really think you oughta make that a lot smaller. For me it somehow makes a bigger impression if the logo is nice and small. Just seems a little obnoxious almost to have it so big.

Also, this is a small complaint here...but at the very bottom right, where the edge of the right side and the edge on the bottom side meet, it's pretty obvious that those are two seperate things. It's like the right edge is layed over the bottom, and so you can see a clear distinction where they meet. Now this is getting really nitpicky and personal, but I like when things flow together. Anyways...that's your call entirely.

I like the spotlight type thing on the logo. However, it seems like it'd look better if you could make the "NP" logo kinda seem like a part of the circle thing, rather than being layed on top of it. Not sure if you know what I mean, but all the same. Also it could be just a liiiiiittle bit more centered.

The "NP Design 2003" on the bottom left should be smaller. I'm running at 1280 x 1024 and it's very noticeable. To someone running 800 x 600, it'd be downright obnoxious.

Really I don't have too many bad things to say, I think it looks pretty cool, just that theres a LOT of space that serves no purpose. The content takes up like maybe 20-30 percent of the entire area available. The title at the top doesn't need to be so big...

Anyway, don't let all that get to ya, I still think it's a really good looking site so far. Just big is all :D.

Hmm...and if there's anyone here that's played Homeworld, don't those splotches of orangy stuff look a lot like resource clouds? That's the first thing they reminded me of.

*edit: too many "kinda"s and one too few "s"s*
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113269 Report
Daily bandwidth exceded blablablabla... :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113280 Report
Yeah what's up with that crap? Try get a webhost that have unlimited bandwidth or sumthin..... :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113370 Report
The basic underlying point in all the critiques, including mine, is that your site is too big.

Downsize, downsize, downsize. And clean it up, it seems tohave a "dirty" or "sloppy" look, for example "np design 2003" in the bottom left.

The different things like the "crisscross" thing at the left of the page is apparently a vain attempt to tkae up space that really isn't necessary to be there.

Another thing. Check out your logo. It says NP for neon productions, but the P is on top of the N and the P is overlayed over the N. With a logo like that you would expect a two word name that begins with the letters P and then N respectively, not N and then P.
That's not something you necessarily have to change, just me making an observation that you might want to consider.

You're also overdoing the grid pattern. It's on every square inch of the page.

Just make it small and clean, and when you're redoing the design just keep in mind "Simplicity is key." or "more is less," or "KISS", they all mean the same thing.

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum