TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Any suggestions

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112920 Report
Hey I'm working on revamping my portfolio, I'm stuck for front page content, I can fill in the inside w/work and I like the new layout (although there isn't much going on) what do you guys think, i want to do something different with the section between the navigation and the copyright blurb at the bottom...any suggestions....thanks in advance!

mschicamae

almost forgot the link :D

old portfolio

new portfolio

no links work right now, still fleshing out the layout....

thanks again!
mcm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113424 Report
No suggestions at all? Come on guys and gals, I know you have something to say!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113427 Report
Hello, and wb =)

I like your paintings (on your original site....)

As far as the layout its simple at the moment. You do have a logo which is cool. That is definitely a plus.... I would do something with the font though. It seems to squished and hard to read. Maybe kern it a bit more and add a little less to the vertical size.
Check out some of the other users sites and look at how they put borders around tables, etc. Right now I see default edges using background colors, which to me are kind of boring.
The colors are nice. I think the salmons and pinks look cool with black.

Maybe try some gradient work in there? like behind headers, for eg.

I would align it flush with the top and bottom.

The one thing that I would change is how you display your work. I think images need something. (not the images themselves, but how you display them in the checker pattern.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113429 Report
Thanks Marble! I knew someone had some input out there, yeah I wanted to get rid of the checkered thing, couldn't figure out what to do with that whole area, yeah I think the font is a little hard to read, I better find something else...I usually hate pink, but it worked out this time...I was thinking of making the inner pages all different color schemes too...I son't understand the thing about the table border? What are default edges? Thanks again for the comments.....
mcm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113434 Report
the new one is much better imo ,

i like the design much more than the old one
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113449 Report
I think you need some kind of border or something around the text maybe. the salmon color box seems to be just sitting there out of place....
But definately the second one...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113459 Report
Agreed with mike. The 1st one sucks, compared to the 2nd one which is much more pleasing to the eye.

I thinkt he pink is fine, I in fact enjoy seeing nice sites in pink

But damn, you gotta get rid of all the n00bish fonts. Such fonts are not as professional as the more standard fonts (Verdana, arial, etc.)
So get rid of the BankGothic, the other really tall font, put in more "standard" fonts and i think you'll have a pretty site.

I think that the whole thing should have a border around it, not just the text like LAV said. Maybe a site with the 2 vertical borders running up and down, or something. Just Something ! Just so that the edges of hte site don't drop into space.

One more thing, I don't fancy the negative image rollovers. They don't give me a proper thumbnail of the real work, unless i mouse over it (meaning that I can have only one proper thumbnail at a time).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2003#113596 Report
OMG!!! Welcome Back! By the way, I'm still waiting for some Classic Luther updates. *hint**hint* :p

I like it. One thing that did catch my eye, which is a good thing, is that you kept the same color consistency going, which didn't throw off anything. The logo is sweet, as well. Keep up the good work!

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum