TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new layout

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112452 Report
ok so therse no site yet

but i had this inspiration last night for a design so i had to create it.

heres the link

http://www.geocities.com/mbutter222/test.html

tell me what you think

thanks
butters
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112456 Report
..."ninja flip" ? lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112491 Report
are you a noob? if so, this is some of the best noob work i have ever seen. yes, of course its a living, breathing, tutorial/filter monster, but it actually has some nice design elements to it and an acceptable color scheme. good job and keep up the good work! may i ask where the inspiration was from?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112566 Report
Yes i guess i am somewhat of a photoshop noob. I'm quite skilled with html and have been making websites for a few years (but without photoshop). I recently got photoshop about 5 months ago and have been experimenting ever since. I this page I stressed using gradients quite a bit and I also wanted to incorporate curves and sharp corners into the design as well. The inspiration came from looking at my dvd player in my basement, I know that sounds corny but the way it was laid out looked pretty cool. It's little things like that that can inspire a great design.

I was wondering does it really look like i got all my ideas from tutorials? Because i didn't really use any, I just played around with different filters and effects until i was pleased with the outcome.

thanks for the comments,
butters
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112569 Report
Alright. This....is nice. I remember when I had experience in graphics and HTML/PHP, and switched graphics programs. It got kind of freaky for a while.

You seem to be doing just fine, though. One thing I would suggest is to experiment. Writers just write to let their words come out to give them the answer on something to write, so I would try just to do random graphical things to think of something that you want to express. That's what I do, and that's what I did for my site. Only took a few months to do it, but I'm diabetic with no life. =P

I like how you think, and I do have some suggestions:

1.) Drop geocities. They aren't worthy of your skills. =P

2.) Work a bit some more on your site. I'm anxious to see the finishing touches. =D =P

*sits by the computer and thinks, "This isn't my life."*

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2003#112573 Report
i never would use geocities as an actually host because it is a piece of ****. I just use it to upload pictures like this one. In the future i'm either gonna get hosted or buy my own domain. And yes the site does still need something more, or i may just scrap it.
But thanks for the advice.

butters
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112940 Report
Originally posted by spilt
are you a noob? if so, this is some of the best noob work i have ever seen. yes, of course its a living, breathing, tutorial/filter monster, but it actually has some nice design elements to it and an acceptable color scheme.

wow, spilt. Well put! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112973 Report
I think it looks pretty good, for your first site with photoshop. There are only a few things that I would suggest....

1. Do something with the bottom, its kindof open and plain right now, But that might change once you get content on there. :P

2. Make some navigation buttons... not sure if you were just going to use text or you just havent gotten that for yet, but I think some good buttons would look good there...

Other then that I think its a pretty good start.. it will probably be better once you get some content on there...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112986 Report
definitely has major potential - good start

the only thing i would change is the amount of black (minus the fact u mention the banner area) surrounding the template
and in the content area....

otherwise good strat

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum