TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Interface C&C

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9190 Report
This is an interface I'm working on for a new site i'm working on. I'm still debating the name of the site so suggestions on that would be nice, i started a thread for name suggestions in the misc. forum check there and reply pls.

an idea of what the main page might look like http://www.geocities.com/black21knight/designbg.html just so you can see how it might fit, i'm looking for more C&C on the interface right now, but you can comment on the page if you like.

I'm kinda stuck at the inside of the chrome ring, should it be left grey?i dunno...ideas? I'm also debating to do some rollovers with this one.

http://liquid2k.com/knight/interface.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9200 Report
Wow, cool......Did you use KPT5 for the ring? Just my own opinion is to put all the "thingy's" straight though....I'm a big fan of symmetry!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9209 Report
I really like it, the main page is pretty cool. though i got a HUGE space above the actual page. the second one was really good, and i think that you should leave the colours as they are. really nice :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9223 Report
Just to clear that up MR. Danforth, that huge space on the page is supposed to be there because thats where the interface would be placed

Yeah I like those colors together too. And yes I did use KPT 5 for the ring. I'll think about straightening them out, not sure yet tho.

Thank you both for the comments, any more?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9229 Report
I've gotta' say, I like it except for one BIG thing.

That dang font is difficult to read.

But what I really like is how your "Pod" banner at the top is "OVER" the Geocities pop-up add crap!

Woohoo!..........somebody defeated the system!

Now I would just make that baby full-screen and people would never even know it's at Geocites.......unless they looked at the address.........
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9251 Report
nice one man. I liek it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9276 Report
I have to say.. on the first one it reminded me of Phong's site (with the piece coming out the top and the space between the top and bottom parts). I tried to access Phong and I couldn't get it to come up, to check on similarities, my opinion is strictly from memory right now, and if I'm wrong I'll leave a "sincere" apology later. Something you might want to consider is putting the left side "bracket - for lack of a better term" on the right side also, and make it appear to be a "holder" for the banner, and to seperate it from others..

Just my two cents worth...

;) ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9366 Report
wow thnx for the comments guys I really appreciate it.

Thnx Mattboy yeah I may have to switch the font if I can find one similar but more legible. Oh and the geocities thing is just temporary, one of my friends will be hosting me at no cost (lucky me).

Lastic, really appreciate the comments. I guess if it looks similar to any site, i guess I would say Phong's, but I think its different enough (i didn't do that on purpose :D ) Check Phong's site when its up (its off and on now). I agree with the banner bracket thing, although I think I'm ditching that tube and redoing it, I just don't know how well it fits and I think I can do better.

nix also found this out, by adding z-index=1 to the layer it puts the content over the ad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum