TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

check out

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9180 Report
Hey fellers,

I just was playing around at work and I came up with this...not sure if it could be used as a webpage or what, but thought it looked pretty cool. wanted to share it with yas and get some feedback!

Thanks,

Jim

http://www.geocities.com/xr650lvr43/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9184 Report
I like it, it's a much simpler style, which I like.

Except that red block in the corner draws my eye AWAY from the logo.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9185 Report
i like it too... if it could be used of a webpage? :confused:

first of all get that red block out! Just as Matt, i keep looking there.

I think it would be pretty cool as a webpage. And maybe you could use that sphere in the upperleft corner as your navigation,the smaller spheres are the buttons etc.
maybe i got carried away, but that's what seems cool to me.

The colors are nice and soft... nice work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9193 Report
hey jim, how did you get those 3d wire spheres? a 3d prog, or a grid an then distort > spherize?

looks pretty cool, though I agree with matt, get the red out.. and possibly get the green out too.. try to keep a somewhat monochromatic scheme..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9197 Report
Hey thanks guys....I'll get the red out.....I did the spheres by creating a circle selection, then fill with a really light gray. I contracted the pixels by 2 and then deleted the inside. After that I reselected the whole ring, then used "transform selection" and brought just the sides "in". Afterthe selection became an oval I filled it again in a new layer.Contracted by 2,delete inside so now I have 1 perfect circle,1 oval inside of it, I do that again till I have 2 ovals inside the I just put a straight line down the center.At that point, I merge those layers and copy and paste it onto itself and rotate the copy 90%Thats the 3d looking sphere....What I did on mine was I pasted a copy of the whole sphere on top and then "Free transformed" it until it was smaller and laid it on top....... It's kinda hard to explain but I hope I helped........
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9198 Report
Hey i got rid of the red.....I left it grey because I like a little contrast up there....I think it works well compositionally againstr the white on the other side....whaddya think???

Thanks,

Jim

http://www.geocities.com/xr650lvr43/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9201 Report
much better! It looks pretty cool, Jim!
Now try and make a cool navigation and you've really got something going there!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9236 Report
Just rotate the spheres (symmetrically). Don't resize the spheres, make them again please! Or use paths!

Cool otherwise, though!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9333 Report
Hi xr650lvr

You have inspired me to try making a 3d sphere myself. I did a pretty good job I think for my first attempt. I was wondering one thing, why are the straight lines coming out a different color then the rest? I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, Andy

You can see the sphere I made here
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9371 Report
xr650lvr - cool, I think it defenitely would work as a site. and I agrree with what everyone else said except vortex cuz i didn't get what he was trying to say

Andy - Maybe you should post that in the photohop help section or somthin, but it looks fine to me. The straight lines don look a different color to me....maybe thinner but not color diff. Thats a cool way of making spheres if you wanna try another one, use distort > spheresize to a grid, that comes out nice as well with a different style, u can even then go the same way but apply the distort filter with -100 effect and place that behind the first sphere and that looks cool too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum