TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Re-coded site - C&C welcome

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112095 Report
OK, this is a re-implemented site. The original I did w/ php and flat files for the DB, now that I'm more comfortable with databases I'm builing the site over again using php/mysql.

Here is the original (put up maybe 2 years ago):
www.janusetcie.com

Here is my work in progress:
www.jec.westkoast.com

My main concern at the moment in the "breadcrumb" bar below the images. It feels out of place to me. Any suggestions?

The main change is that users can now scroll through products using next arrow. And ALL the products can be updated very easily through the admin tool. (This whole site runs off two pages).

Also, new products can be added through the admin tool with no knowlege of anything. Just enter text description, and browse for two images (it uploads them automatically).;
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112099 Report
very nice, easy navigation beautiful pictures good job
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112109 Report
Not sure what you mean about the breadcrumb bars...I don't see anything except white space below the images.

That said, it looks great, very professional, easy to understand and navigate. And it runs off of two pages? I should learn how to do that...

No negative comments, sharp images, great site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112111 Report
yeah - I love the navigation - nice pics too
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112113 Report
Originally posted by lifeonaplate
Not sure what you mean about the breadcrumb bars...I don't see anything except white space below the images.

Hmm...maybe "breadcrumb" isn't the correct name. Anyway, I'm talking about the text bar below the images as you enter different categories of the site. I guess its like the "history" of where you've come from...and how you get back down the layers.

And it runs off of two pages? I should learn how to do that...

Yeah, dynamic content is great for large sites. Its not always worth while for smaller sites. But these guys have 500+ products, and there is no way I want to make that many .html pages for every product.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112115 Report
2 pages??? That's genius!

I like it. It's very professional. Crisp and clear, and easy to understand. Not to mention it doesn't take that long to load.

Keep up the good work!

Rating: 10/10
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112130 Report
Wow, really like this project westkoast. And from a coding view sounds like you are doing wonders. I wouldn't know myself. *mara aint no coder* ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2003#112194 Report
Very nice, the perfect word to describe it is "Crisp" :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum