TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First real attempt at site design

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111815 Report
Hey guys.

http://www30.brinkster.com/sovietspyguy/

this is my first serious attempt at site design...It's still very incomplete, none of the links work, but the design is there. Ignore the text box, that was just kinda quick so my friends would know what was going on, i'll change it. Anyway...what do you think? I spent about 7 hours on this, so be nice .

Oh yeah and in case you're wondering about the site whores thing...couple friends of mine asked me to do that about halfway through, so I said why not.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111816 Report
"...The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable..."
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111867 Report
It does sometimes. try typing in www30.brinkster.com/sovietspyguy. and try with/without the http://.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111908 Report
Originally posted by lifeonaplate

Oh yeah and in case you're wondering about the site whores thing...couple friends of mine asked me to do that about halfway through, so I said why not.

Umm what do the site whores do exactly. Are they advertising any sort of service lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111918 Report
hey really sparked up interest wiv the menu...

but if u dont move ur mouse quick enough onto the menu, it disapears...AND if u dont click INSTANTLY it closes (even when mouse is on it)

sorry but needs 'lotta work
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111925 Report
hehe yeah well it's just a rough draft. The menu's do that because of some incorrect slicing which I've taken care of (but not posted yet). They still flicker when you transition across the buttons from left to right, but not up and down, which I may or may not fix later. For now i'll just pass it off as a "cool effect"

as for the site whores, ask them :D .
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111926 Report
I would also play around with the header it is really plain...
but i spose it matches the rest of the site hehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111934 Report
http://www.sia-cam.com/120948132098472130984uwlkf02983r0823/12e0-82ufoskjdf23098u095/LAKJSOAIUJ2394872309578kuwdf/main.html

alright there's the updated version I just put up. Don't worry I'm getting a different URL .

anyways I fixed most of the menu issues except a little flickering, but i might get to that later. And i added just some random grungy textures to kinda make it seem less empty.

if you're wondering who caitie queen is...it's my girlfriend (she got upset about the site whores, so I put that up :D).

anyway this is probably what i'm gonna settle on unless I get any other ideas or run into some major problem. The center will have an iframe which will display the content.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112012 Report
woah!
down boy!!

i reaaaaaally like it, u've changed how the menu goes! nice.
the menu ALOT more functional well done.

one last quick thing.

have u cut the buttons up? i mean each sep. button cuz when it loads it goes bit by bit in a weird way... maybe dont slice up the button ?

newayz, gd site cant wait for summat to read :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112108 Report
I did slice up the buttons, but i had to to get rid of that flickering. In fireworks, if I don't slice the buttons, the slice guides from the dot images that change to red bisect the buttons, and the hotspot is behind those guides. so when the mouse moves over the slice guide on the site, you get that annoying flickering. i might just make the dot slice as tall as the button, but that's more annoying to do (though much less annoying to load).

thanks for the input though, glad you like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum