TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I took the advice from some of you..

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112785 Report
At first glance I thought hey really cool! But then I realized a few things holding the site back...

The header image is reallly cool and very colorful and well placed, and then the rest of the site, the flat greys, and whites, they don't scream any type of excitment, as well as the "futuristic" type font. IMO, after seeing how great and colorful the header is, the rest of the side needs some exciting color too.

I also agree with paavo on the echoing header text
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112788 Report
Slogans like "designing the future" are so overdone!

-Agreed.

Also texts like "version 4.2312" ...nobody really needs to know that, do they?

-Agreed.

-I don't mind the font. It's not all that bad.

-I like the work in your portfolio. Some really nice things!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112789 Report
ewww... i just saw the toilet paper graphic. that's kind of nasty...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112818 Report
yeah, I did that for a class last year just to see if anyone was paying attention. i'd say it worked as i was told to use it for the project by my peers and not to by my professor.

anyway, it seems like grafeek is farther back in the designing process then i thought. it's good to have feedback from everyone.

with that said, i'm considering a complete redesign. overhauling the current design for the 3rd time and once again being restricted by its already laid out tables would quickly grow boring.

so, should i take this design and run with it?

new design

or stick it out with the current design while making some adjustments to the font and perhaps colors again
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112820 Report
IMO the new one looks better, but you have to have more of an interesting font for the links, make them stand out more
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2003#112828 Report
the text in the new one was really just a place holder to make sure it would read ok.

that's 1 for the new design, and 0 for the old
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112904 Report
http://www.grafeek.com/portfolio/earglow2.jpg

Half price with college ID...LOL...does that make the drinks $0.125 each. Man, I really need to move where ever that bar is!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112923 Report
your deviantart link is messed up it's pointed to devianart other than that I love it, you're work is great...maybe u could use the slogan shifting into the future to go w/the picture, of course u should then use a picture of a manual gear shift, since they're so much cooler lol ...good job, take a look at mine if u have the chance it's a little up the main page for this part of the forum...
mcm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2003#112930 Report
heh, i think i ment half price cover with college id, but i don't remember. it was a long time ago. that place would be packed if you could get a beer for 12 cents, regardless of whatever crappy band was playing
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum