TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

"my writing" site

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111650 Report
What do you guys think of the relatively simple site I made for my writing? There's only one page up so far but please give me some C&C.

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/mywriting/index2.html

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111651 Report
Easy going, not too bad. Better than anything I have started lately haha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111660 Report
its not too bad :\ some things I might consider changing are
1. the gradient on the left, take a sampe from the bottom of the water so that the gradient matches, also make sure its flush with the top of the header, perhaps make the nav a bit narrower, or make the header thicker heightwize.
2. try seeing how you the whole site flush with the top of the screen, and with perhaps some color on either side? like a border but not like border="0" crap :\ just like another table thats wider :D
other than that Its not really all that bad.. oh yeh maybe with those links on the right you could sex that up with some css, sort of like at http://soktdesign.com.. I'm sure if you asked deker really nice he'd tell you how to do it or let you see the source.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111690 Report
Allright thanks for the tips but I'm hesitant about visiting soktdesign and seeing what deker has done with his links. Then I won't want to do that and will have a hard time finding anything else do do with them. :D Thats just how I am. But I'll take a look into those other things and see. Thanks.

tom

*edit* Spent a little time on it and this is what I came up with:

This (index2.html) was the first site that I posted. Then I made this (index4.html) which I thought was pretty good but could be made better. So I made this (index3.html) which I think is pretty good but I tried for a hell of a long time to get rid of the white separation between the right navigation and the header and couldn't get it. I have no idea the problem is. If I use index3.html for the main page, I'll probably use index4.html for the pages with the writing, so that the line width makes for easy reading.

What do you guys think?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111840 Report
I hate when people reply to their own posts just to bump them up but thats what I'm going to do here.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum