TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Tell me what i need...

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111551 Report
this is the site change

regular site :

http://www.337screw.com

thinking of changing it to :

http://www.337screw.com/test/

tell me what you think of that new one? please

give me all the feedback you can!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111557 Report
Also I got a HUGE HUGE Question I know some of you can answer here... Please dont just skip this.. someone answer it for me..

Ok the top menu on that new design im making.. i will make it into flash and have looped music playing also.... so that means i have to either have frames or have iframes so i can have the looped music playing good through the whole site...

but i also want the site (specially whats new page) to scroll down.. THE WHOLE thing.. like i have the iframes right now and it has the scroll bars.. but they are inside of the whole layout window you know what im saying? I want to scroll the whole thing down like if i had alot of words on the whats new page so i scroll and the menu at the top goes out of the picture cause im scrolling to the bottom of the screen.. i dont know any way i can do this......... is it possible.. please someone help me!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111593 Report
Please someone help me out with this if you cant!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111594 Report
Both arn't that bad...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111598 Report
No i was saying i needed some help.. can you read the second thing i said.. if this isn't the right place to post this can someone tell me a better place! ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111624 Report
Client Side Code...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111637 Report
For your huge question - why would you need to put flash on the top? I don't see how flash could improve the current design...

I didn't quite understood if your site is commercial or personal - it looks too unprofessional to be commercial tho...
You wrote "porfolio" instead of "portfolio"
I personally find the forged iron bars ugly - the logo - I have no words for it...

The first site - not the "test" one:
- I would not buy services from a company that has a guy drinking on the site header
- the blue map is waay too bevelled and has ugly jagged edges
- the black stroked shapes that make the layout ends are jagged as heck...
- the black dots on the dark blue bar below the logo are meaningless

I'm sorry if I sound rough... perhaps you should start with a few layouts for personal sites before going commercial...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111639 Report
Originally posted by skettalee
Ok the top menu on that new design im making.. i will make it into flash and have looped music playing also.... so that means i have to either have frames or have iframes so i can have the looped music playing good through the whole site...

First off you dont need to have looped music put into a frame page since you are using flash. Why not just have a flash header, inserted just like you would any 'ol html section, then have a volume - start/stop for the viewer to use if they want to turn it off?

If you latch onto the idea that websites are just chunks of re usable code you would split your site up into 3 pages initially, create one that is all the content up to the body tag, then one that is just the bottom code (closing body and html tags with copyright info, for instance.) then the content. You can furthur subdivide the page into sections like header - where your nav could be and that music, and content.

This is all assuming you are using either PHP or ASP. You can do so by just saving any ol html page with the php extension. Then when you use < ? php include "blah/your included file.php" ? > that section of code will be included. Very easy. Pank has a tutorial if you are more curious.

but i also want the site (specially whats new page) to scroll down.. THE WHOLE thing.. like i have the iframes right now and it has the scroll bars.. but they are inside of the whole layout window you know what im saying? I want to scroll the whole thing down like if i had alot of words on the whats new page so i scroll and the menu at the top goes out of the picture cause im scrolling to the bottom of the screen.. i dont know any way i can do this......... is it possible.. please someone help me!

I am not 100% sure what you are talking about , lol.... but it sounds like an iframe to me, which is what you already have? But if you want the menu to disappear, meaning you want the whole page to scroll and not just the "content", then dont use frames. Use some tables.

Geez.. everyone beats up on Skeet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111654 Report
Ok .. got a link on that tutorial..

Yeah everyone beats up on me.. I've done a bunch of website designs and cd covers for artists and I get alot of business with the little me drinkin Hypnotic on the front page anyway.. lol.. seems like people just dont like me or the way i do things. Im not coming here trying to say im the best.. i just want help.. i like that some of you are giving it to me.. but alot of the time it seems like im being thrashed.. but im lookin passed that... i just really need help on this one..

Ok if I use tables... how can i make it so that i have the flash at the top? the flash is really so i can have an intro to the actual menu.. and also have a song selection at the top.. just kinda similar to the flash i made on my current site design.... someone please help me out..

I thought this was a good new design i just want the whole page to scroll down and still be able to have it framed out so the flash menu at the top doesn't leave or have to reload..

plus i dont know anything about php or whatever else.. i just use flash and html.. maybe i should learn.. but where is the best way to get taught? and first.. how can i fix this first problem ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111655 Report
Think of adding flash to a table like you would an image. but keep in mind the linking code is a lot different, but simplify it in your head. Its just an object that you put onto a page. So if your flash scene is 400 px by 200 px, then make a cell area that is that dimensions and add your flash object.. ( I forget the actual link code, but it will create it if you save as html and copy and paste the code.)

Using includes are a great intro to dynamic pages. They are easy and show a simple method of starting to think of your pages in a whole new light. Plus it saves time when you dont have to retype anything! You change one section of code and your site is updated. No need to go to each page and change anything. The php language itself takes some time to learn. As any of the more advanced php coders on this forum would say, but you have to start somewhere. Might as well today.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum