TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Work in progress - DJ Cobra - Comments?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110915 Report
Ok, this is just an initial design done in Photoshop. My plan is to have the top section in flash, and have that bar be a flash mp3 player. The rest of the site will be PHP so that we can utilize some of the free phpbb's and gallery's out there.

I was going to do some lighting effects (masked lights blinking, flashing etc) in the subway station...but my friend said that would be "too trendy" and that there were way to many sites out there that use that "feel"

Any ideas of something a little abstract, and away from the ordinary?

Any thoughts/comments/etc are appreciated.

http://www.hward.com/images/dj_cobra_sample01.jpg

Second attempt:

http://www.hward.com/images/dj_cobra_sample02.jpg

With a little motion:

http://www.hward.com/cobra/frame.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110918 Report
I think I saw this layout presented as a template on a website. I'm not sure, but even if not it looks very similar ( familiar ). Any way, the "dj cobra" font is very different from the site's general look and feel, and so is the mp3 player bar. For me this breaks the unity of the layout.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110920 Report
Originally posted by 4concept
I think I saw this layout presented as a template on a website. I'm not sure, but even if not it looks very similar ( familiar ). Any way, the "dj cobra" font is very different from the site's general look and feel, and so is the mp3 player bar. For me this breaks the unity of the layout.

Thanx for the comments. I agree the font looks a little out of place, I'm still workin' on it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110927 Report
uhm I don't know about the logo - I mean it looks like grafitti - it's not out of place in a subway. But I am having a problem with the crispy orange...that may be a little out of place. Maybe if you tried to remove the color from where it's orange and make it grey and instead colorize the logo to make it more grafitti like.....
It does look like many templates but there are lots of sites that have that "curvy look" many clients request them...

[edit]= where the heck is the "cobra" anyway???
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110969 Report
cobra's in top right

if I ever become aDJ I'm gonna be called Dj Mango.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110992 Report
hey that cobra was not there when I first posted...someone's messin around with my mind lol
I think it looks nicer with grey - but a little color for effect somewhere wouldn't hurt....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110997 Report
orange looked nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110998 Report
Orange, what orange. I see no orange. LOL Someone must be messin with my mind too. I can't wait to see the finished product. Sounds like you have some plans. :D

As for the initial layout,

I think the font works with that layout, thats a subway right? I always think of graffti when I think of a subway. Add some color, and you have got yourself a pretty nifty layout. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#111000 Report
Haahaa...thanx for the comments.

I guess I should have posted another link w/ the original...Don't mean to "mess wit yo minds" :D

I'm working on the colors etc, at the moment. I'll post up again when I've got to the next stage.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#111001 Report
:p

I'm in a silly mood today. Must have been staring at the computer screen too long or sumthin.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum