TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Let me know what you think

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9049 Report
Well I made a Personal Start page for my family. I want to know what you guys think of the Graphics before I start the html part of it. Im going to put a search program in the bottom tube. If you think something sucks let me know what you think would make it better. Thanks

http://www.illminds.com/~noko/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9082 Report
I like it, I'm not a big fan of all the futuristic looking web pages with all of the round shapes and bevelled looks. but this one is pretty nice. I'd suggestion choosing a different font or atleast bold your current font that says "Russ", "General", "Kids". other than that its cool :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9112 Report
Looks nice. I dont like 2 things:
1. The font to the left in the gold bubble is too drab. And the effects done to it are equally as drab, no offense but I winched when I saw it. Doing the bubble look to the text is a bit old. Grab some catchy and awesome fonts at http://www.geocities.com/infodell/fontsgam.html . Now if what you did with the font was supposed to make it look 3d, I think you should go back and re-do the gold sphere. Highlight only the gold sphere and create a new channel. In the channel window, hit delete to turn the circle white. Go to gilter>blur>gaussain blur. Blur it so almost all of the sphere is shaded. Then gaussain blur it again by half, and again by half until you've reached 1. Then go to your layer window, and click on the sphere layer (you should not have de-selected). Then go to filter>render>lighting effects. In the bottom right hand part of the screen tehre is a dropdown menu, select alpha1. Then move your light around and viola! You have it!
2. The bottom tube doesnt look 3d enough...use the steps above to create the same effect.
Other than those two things it looks good! I really like that brown texture, it looks very cool! nice work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9146 Report
LOL you guys hit the nail right on the head. What you guys just told me is the same thing I was thinking. -=[K-M]Diablo[K-M]=-
I'm going to try what you said. The tube on the bottom I thought didn't look 3d enough and I was never happy with the way the sphere turned out but I thought well this is only my personal start page "what the hell , I just want to finish it up and move on to the next project" but now I'm thinking " let me make this right so I can use it in my portfolio". Hopefully some day I will have the nerve to apply for a web designer job. I'm 39 years old so I better get my butt in gear hehe.

I'm discovering that this type of design is getting a little old but I just wanted to try it. Thanks for your Help on this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9157 Report
you all made it a bit too big for my opinion. it would make it all half the size - then u could use it as a godd lokking interface for your site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9159 Report
Like the pas message, i really like it, it's a good job, but for me it's a little bit too big.

What about putting the same size for the top and the bottom tube and reducing the rught ball a little ?

Conspi
http://www.conspi.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9165 Report
Hehe-well good thing you saw the same things! Just if you see something out of place, or not to your liking as much TINKER!! I love to tinker, and I'm constantly doing it. Kinda like an unorganised brainstorm. Can't wait to see it finished!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9186 Report
as far as size goes, I made it for my screen which is at 1152x864. Like I said above this is just a personal start page for me and my family. My wife knows very little about computers and my kids are young so I just wanted to create this page so I don't have them constantly asking me to get them a certain web site hehe. This is not going to be an inner face for a web site.

Thanks again everyone for your input :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9220 Report
That is tight! I REALLY like it, the only thing that needs to be changed is the sphere. The lines in the sphere are straight and it just doesnt look 3D, with the lighting effects or whatever that is makes it look 3D, but when you look at the lines they arent curved around like they are actually on a sphere. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. But the rest is AWESOME, I like it alot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9233 Report
It should be, "The Okons' Start Page." It's plural, right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum