TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

request for honest critiques of my work

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9046 Report
Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post on this web site. I have been working with abode for a year now. This is a munipulated version of a photograph I took. I would love some honest feedback.

**Note that I requested 'honest' feedback, not 'brutal'**

my work is here
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9051 Report
weird :D but I like it (I like weird anyway)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9079 Report
a bit unusual and graphic. i'd suggest blending the naked women with those streaming lines beside her a little better. and also maybe getting a better, or atleast sharper font.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9117 Report
OoOOo...creepy. I like it because of its wierdness like the first poster said...but theres not enough going on in my opinion...maybe a slightly opaque texture over her body?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9145 Report
you want honest, here is honest:
I've seen alot better and with taste.....
sorry, you asked for honest
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2001#9170 Report
I like......It's sorta disturbing.....yet arousing at the same time...Hmmmm...Am i reaveling too much about myself???? Just kidding.... Hey Sonique, What's up with this "Bad taste" thing? How is that in bad taste? Are you an artist? For me, good art is something that brings out certain emotions within us...It may be disturbing but it's done artistically and I repect that....

Keep up the great "Bad taste" work,

Jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9249 Report
gotta agree with jim on the "bad taste" thing, show it to a hundred different people get a hundred different interpretations... my feel is, it projects pain....maybe loss......

bottom line: the the image does lack something to make it really visually apealing...

have you played with >IMAGE>ADJUST>GRADIENT MAPPING (PS6)?

if not, give gradient mapping a go. I think you'll like what it has for that image.

quick overview:
Gradient maps "map" the equivalent grayscale value of the image to the colors of a gradient that you specify.... you can even built your own gradient and apply it! (cool)

Example: if you specify a 2 color gradient, the shadows of your image will map to one of the end points of the gradient while the highlights map the the opposite end of the gradient... the midtones map the the gradations somewhere in between.

Also there is a "reverse" button in there to flip the ends of the gradient to map the image opposite the way it is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9253 Report
Lieing: That is cool
Honest: Hmm spill drink on the keyboard before you saved??

INteresting
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9272 Report
You tell him Jim! Show him the ropes! Good poind dude.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9292 Report
Originally posted by xr650lvr
Hey Sonique, What's up with this "Bad taste" thing? How is that in bad taste? Are you an artist? For me, good art is something that brings out certain emotions within us...It may be disturbing but it's done artistically and I repect that....

No, I'm not an artist or anything to that sort, would be nice.
But, he/she did request "honesty" and i just fulleilled his/her's request. No intentions upon being harsh or crude.......sorry:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum