TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hey Guys...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109699 Report
Hello, Im pretty new to the forums and looking to get good with graphics.

Here is my site.

ZeroVelocity

I know its no the greatest, but I am trying to get better. Please help me by adding comments. TY guys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109704 Report
Well I think it looks alright, but I do have some suggestions...

1. Maybe cut that top banner into to smaller images... right now its about 55kb, which probably loads kindof slow for people on dialup.

2. Make some buttons instead of having the text... I think that would just make it look a little more original.

3. I would REALLY recommend that you redo those corners on the content box... they are super messy :P Maybe go with some cut-corners or something to match the site layout better.

Other then that I think its a pretty good start
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109707 Report
Hehe Thank you fusion.. Now when I go to fix up the corners someone mentioned to me that I should use anti-alias (i think) what would that do and how do i use it.

Yea its run by a php script so those links where just the "easy" thing to do, butI will take your advice and make them into images.

Thank you for the quick responce and I am going to cut that banner.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109708 Report
good start indeed Gajewski
x_fusiun_x made all the valid points i think
follow thru on those and your on your way...
cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109710 Report
Man.. I tried to fix up those corners but I just cant seem to make them look good. What is the best way to do rounded edges like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109714 Report
Um... you could probably select a square box on the corner... then go select > modify > smooth... then use something under 5. Then fill it with black... then go select > modify > contract.... then use 1. After that just continue your colors across and do the same for the other side :P

Kindof a short crappy tutorial on one way to do it :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109720 Report
Looks like a good start. A few things in addition to fusiuns...

I would put maybe a black outline or stroke around zerovelocity in your banner. it looks kinda plain with just gray. I think black would look the best, but try all colors (white, gray, orange) and all sizes (1-5 pixel).

Your margins in your content table need to be fixed. Your text is a little too close to the edge of your content box.

Add buttons instead of text links.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109780 Report
I would do away with the logo all together. It doesn't fit the design or concept. Something that seems more "Mechanical" (I know, a bad word to describe it) is something i would go for. split is right, as it is, it's too boring. Plus i dont think the font is the right choice.

I see that in the main banner you have a picture of a subway train and then overlayed the image of the Santa Fe over it. Just for kicks, take out the Santa Fe image and see how it looks. It might look better without the whole "Collage-y" feel.

The orange linkbox at theleft is ugly. Probably because of Fusiun's comment that the links are made of text rather than buttons. But still, i'd put a background picture or something.

I don't know, I don't really fancy orange in this design, it just doesn't seem to work for me. I mean, the color combo is fine, gray and orange... I just can't explain it, i just dont like the orange :(

For the textbox corners, another way to round it out is to take the actual solid black outline of it, load it's selection (Ctrl+click layer) and then go to Channels. make a new channel, hit alt+backspace, then filter>gaussian blur it a little bit, then adjust Image>adjustments>Levelss to make it silky smooth xD
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109847 Report
Yea... Thanks for the comments I agree with all of them. Accually I am just going to start a new design and see how it comes out. Ill post it when Im done. =D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109894 Report
can't wait
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum