TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Simple website i completed

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 21st 2003#109555 Report
Hi guys,

I just recently completed this website and would like to get your input. Anything i need to work on?

http://www.stclstatus.com

Thanks,

BTW great place, glad I found it
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109582 Report
ho-hum *yawn*

quite boring, nothing special
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109604 Report
Yeah I kindof have to agree with the above response... I think its a good start, but it need more to it, some more eyecandy... make some backgrounds to those boxes to see them appart from the background of the entire page, add some more details to the boxes....

Like I said its a good start, I just think it need some more stuff added to it :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109610 Report
didja happen to make those boxes from a tutorial... uh from a member on this forum? *wink wink*
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109651 Report
yes, I actually did. I am new to photoshop, and when i did the site, it was the first time i had ever used image ready. I am testing things, and working on my skills. I will not every say that they are my originals, I will be working on my personal site in the coming weeks, and I am sure that I will use bits and pieces from everywhere.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109657 Report
Well I would recommend that if your going to use bits and peices from other designers and/or other sites that you let them know about it and get their permission to use their work.... instead of just taking it.

Good luck on getting that to happen. I think you should go with a completely original design... after all it will be your "personal" site and not a colaberation of other designers works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109659 Report
Your logo looks very similar to this...
http://www.pixelranger.com/Graphics/frontv2/main.jpg

Put pixels in B&W and you have an identical idea. Did you rip that? Or do you happen to have similar design tastes?

Just because you end up with a similar product does not mean that you or he ripped them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109673 Report
Um... I dont really see anything alike actually...

I normally dont even use the circle around it. I just used that to flow better with the navigation.

And to answer your question... No I didnt get inspiration from them nor did I rip them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109684 Report
you dont see any similarity here....

http://www.stclstatus.com/images/similar.jpg

that is what i was talking about... You both have a very similar logo, but you cannot say they are the same. I am saying if i looked at both of those, made one with a square and used the a cat logo, I would be creating original artwork, as original as yours anyway
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109685 Report
btw I am not trying to flame you in any way, I like both of your sites, and I do not believe either ripped either off, you just both happen to have similar design tastes, and likes. That is all i was trying to say with "I am sure that I will use bits and pieces from everywhere." because it is not possible to always have 100% original work - someone has done it before
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum