TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

shaky version 1

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 21st 2003#109545 Report
http://mysite.freeserve.com/stylrepublik

things i already know - and reasons for them.

1. freeserve horrible host + horrible advert that just happens to match my site (buying a host soon....i think.)

2. white line doesnt go all the way down, if you noticed, if not i just pointed it out (i'll add white line to a background image next update)

3. iframes, nobody likes iframes, i just got angry at table alignment and i have better (ish) things to do. i'll change them when this site becomes a priority.

more c&c please, try to avoid pointing out the obvious, i need to change the smaller details first...

oh and i made some little titles for the sections like someone suggested.... thanks for that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2003#109560 Report
well its not really bad, but nothing about is really too great. i dont know its just kinda plain. Besides the colors being bright and something that i dont see everyday. One thing i would recommend is to get the portfolio box size a little bit wider so you can fit 5 thumbs, or decrease it so it doesnt have a huge open space on the right of the last thumb. and yah get your own site. that freeserve banner at the top is very gross.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109573 Report
Hi again :D
Nice to see that you got your site up :D

Okey here comes my comments...
You are using 2 colors as your main layout...Which makes it look a bit plain...
It really could use some more colors imo...
So you used iframes...As I said before...I was hoping that you wasn't gonna use Iframes coz it looks really "squared up", I know that ain't a word
And the banner thingy is ugly but okey you can't do anything about it before you pay something for your site..

This is what I would do...
I would put a header thingy that would be another color than the rest of the page coz like the banner is right now...coz you need something that is different from everything else...
Then I would put some more colors to the layout...maybe white...
Coz it's a bit boring with only 2 color as your main layout...
Then I would make the left and the right side the same lenght...
And then I would change scroller bar to a another color...
Now you can't see the "bar" that you are scrolling with...if you know what I mean...

Don't take this wrong...I really do like your layout but I still think it could be better...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109583 Report
i agree, more color = more interesting

but as it is, pretty funkay (WDDG's Badd as Sh*t, anyone? :D)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109599 Report
I think it looks great... I really like the colors and the entire thing goes great with all of your vector art that you have been doing lately. I didnt really think it was to plain when I first saw it, but then I got to looking at it more and it does seem kindof plain. I would maybe add some background or something to the content areas, or something :P

Other then that I think it looks awesome... nice work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109620 Report
it should be better i know, apologies but something came up just when i was getting into it so i just got it finished as soon as poss, thx for the comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109777 Report
lol love the banner too, hehe very stylish
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2003#109778 Report
btw what font did you use in your logo?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2003#110154 Report
pt banana split - dafont.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2003#110217 Report
thanks