TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

AtomiC ArT

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 21st 2003#109542 Report
I made a post a long time ago about my other website called Dynamite Art. To say the least, it sucked big time. Well, I'm back with a new name, and a better interface(i hope.) I made the i-face in Photoshop and Flash. What do you guys think? Oh, and none of the links work yet because I haven't set up the pages! Anyway, heres the link... http://www.angelfire.com/pro/atomic_art
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109581 Report
I do see the improvment, you're getting better

anyway the spinning radioactive logo doesn't look too hot, and also the links. You have to make a Hit state for the buttons that is a Rectangle, not the text, so you dont have those little holes between the text. makes it much easier to click.

also make the rest of the page not suck, integrate header into a page
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109586 Report
Yea, I just noticed how the radioactive sign looks pretty ugly. I also kno that I need to fix the text links. I just didn't get around to doing it yet. What do you mean when you say...
integrate header into a page
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109587 Report
yeah, fix those buttons, they are annoying to click, but gj otherwise
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109597 Report
I fixed the text links and turned them into rollover buttons. I also made the biohazard thing spin once at the beginning and the line that goes back and forth doesn't change speed. It flows really well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109648 Report
Gah!! No, now the buttons are even worse! You can't tell which link does which until you roll over, which is a nuisance.

You completely misunderstood what I said. I didn't say change how the buttons look; just change the HIT state to a box rather than text, so there are no holes inside the text.

You know what owuld be sweet, if you used swift3d to make a 3d radioactive symbol and rotated it xD
Plus, make it so the symbol's edges aren't all straight lol

pat
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109649 Report
Oh yeah one mroe thing, hwen i said integrated it into a page, i meant to do something with the rest of the page. The rest of it, outside the flash movie, is plain black. Do something with it; integrate (try to blend it or make it fit graphically) with the header.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2003#109655 Report
Oh ok...thats what i thought you meant but I was just making sure.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2003#111349 Report
To add to what supahsekzy said:

When you take your mouse over the text in your buttons, notice how the cursor goes from pointer to hand to pointer, etc? This is because your 'hit frame' in flash probably only has the text of the button in it. Put a rectangle in this frame that is the same size as the entire button. Better yet, copy the the first frame of the button and put it in the hit frame. This will ensure that the hit state of the button is the same size as the button itself.

Play with it, you will see.

I agree with the rollover comments also. I didn't realize those were active buttons until supahsekzy mentioned them. I had to open the site back up to go see them. The textual part of them needs to be showing by default.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2003#111382 Report
It's kind of obvious that they are buttons considering that they are shaped like buttons, a completely different color then the dark gray, and in the middle is flashing text that clearly says Navigation. Anyway, I will fix them when I get the time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum