TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Mr. Money Site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107919 Report
Hello all, in the process of doing a web site for a loan company and wanted some input before I start to finish it up. I havent sliced it up or applied borders or anything to it yet so basically its just one big JPG saved from PS. I will add borders to it and slice it later on. Anything that looks awkward or could be changed? Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

oh yea, the dreadful illustration wasnt my idea, its the company logo and they insisted that it appeared several times in the site (the guy in the main area and the money at the top right).

UPDATED: Deker in particular, here is an updated version of the site? better with the lame tabs? lol. hopefully because they're staying as is, its not my company :p. btw, i know the shadow on the dumb looking money guy isnt realistic perspective-wise but he looks horrible without it. it kinda makes the logo look slightly professional. comments?

www.tdotdesigns.com/money.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107921 Report
Yea, that illustration is pretty dumb. He has a bill in his hand that is just floating there, not being gripped by anything. I like the look of the site, but I would suggest the logo (if you want to call it that) in the upper left be a little bigger or somehow more prominent. Also, I doubt you wrote it, but that welcome paragraph changes tenses. In the beginning it talks about Mr. Money in the third person, and then it switches to first person, going from "it" to "we".
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107933 Report
I would add a "click here" button like you have in the lower right corner somewhere to give the prospective customer an easy area to focus on to take the next step. Maybe under the Welcome paragraph have a little graphic button type thing saying "Get started and see our plans/rates/servies" or whatever they offer.

I'd also increase the leading of the type, it's a little jumbled together and it would really open things up a lot more if you increased that by a few pixels using CSS.

I would make the navigation either just plain words with a colored box around them, or make them beveled buttons rather than those tabs. Tabs are fine, but the tab metaphor does not work with the way you are using them. Tabs are best used when you match the color of the page with the active tab, like amazon and others do. It doesn't make much since to have tabs when you cut them off at the bottom and put a drop shadow under it. So I would just change those to a more regular looking button of some sort.

Other than that it looks good. You did a pretty good job of making them look professional even with the little cartoon character logo they use.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107948 Report
What are you talking about? That paragraph doesnt change tenses, fewl.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107955 Report
fewl?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107965 Report
I don't know if tense is the right word, but something is wrong there. It dosent matter though, he didnt do it. Fewl!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107966 Report
Changes from third to first person, fewlish ppl
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2003#107978 Report
enough tense talk fewls, comment on the freakin' site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2003#108090 Report
thanks deker, appreciate the c.c. this client really likes the tab look but does not have enough links to involve it. therefore, do you think it would look less-tabby but still have the look of a tab if i simply flipped the buttons upside down so the 2 90 degrees are at the top and the rounded corners are at the bottom? possibly a solution to retain tabbiness without actually making a lame attempt at tabs when not necessary? thanks. btw, your band web design site is really smooth. i like it a lot, good work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 12th 2003#108095 Report
That may help a little... They just need to realize they don't have an e-commerce site and the tabs don't really work for smaller sites. Maybe you could just make the tabs upside down and lower them so they kind of hang off the bottom of that top header graphic. I dunno.

Thanks, glad you like the band site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum